Bruce the Rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatNamedBruce

Hey guys! I'm a brand new rat owner of a handsome little guy named Bruce. After much conversation, my husband finally agreed to getting him and of course, he has fallen for him just like I knew he would ;)
After we got him, I noticed his breathing was labored and got him to a vet. Turns out he had an URI and has completed treatment for it- although I still am hearing some of the old sounds? Is that because he's stressed coming back home?

We'll be getting Bruce a friend in another week or two when the holidays settle down a little and I can make sure we get a healthy guy this time!

20161022_120546.jpg

20161022_115703.jpg

Welcome! Bruce is adorable! I'm glad to hear you will be getting him a buddy!
What antibiotic did your vet prescribe for him and how long was he on it? A lot of vets will still only give 10-14 days worth of meds when they need to be on them much longer! I typically do 6 weeks.

As Vicki said, what antibiotics were you given, how often were you giving it, what dose were you told to give, what concentration were they and what is Bruce's weight?

Back