Lone rat advice ?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny

Last month I lost one of my three girl rats, and just last week the oldest girl, 3 years, also passed. Now I have just one girl, age 2 1/2 but very active and healthy, and she is all alone. I have two boys but they are not neutered and in another room.

I can't afford to take on a new rat because I have many vet bills still from the two who passed, so I'm wondering if anybody has tips or helpful advice in caring for a single rat and keeping her from getting depressed. So far she is the same and not acting like she misses her companions. I've had her side birth so she is very attached to me and the family.
We are all trying to spend more time with her than usual so she won't feel so alone.

Any advice is appreciated. :)

Last month I lost one of my three girl rats, and just last week the oldest girl, 3 years, also passed. Now I have just one girl, age 2 1/2 but very active and healthy, and she is all alone. I have two boys but they are not neutered and in another room.

I can't afford to take on a new rat because I have many vet bills still from the two who passed, so I'm wondering if anybody has tips or helpful advice in caring for a single rat and keeping her from getting depressed. So far she is the same and not acting like she misses her companions. I've had her side birth so she is very attached to me and the family.
We are all trying to spend more time with her than usual so she won't feel so alone.

Any advice is appreciated. :)

You are really doing everything you need to do already. More attention for her at the times she prefers. Older ladies need more beauty sleep. I wish her much health and happiness in her Golden Months :)

How is she doing? Sorry for your losses

Thank you, she is doing really well thankfully. She sounds like she might be starting a respiratory infection, but I think it might be because of the changing weather so we are just keeping an eye on that and put on her humidifier. I put a stuffed animal in her cage so she would have something to cuddle at night and stay warm since she is a nakie, but she didn't like it and kept moving to her potty so I took it out.
Other than that she is energetic still and seems healthy so we are happy. :)

Back