Male sounds more congested/squeaky

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabris

My male and three females are all being treated for URIs my females are doing great but my poor eggs first had a bad reaction to his meds and had the runs constantly he was put on a probiotic but now has started to have boogers (which he didnt prior) and is starting to have a little squeaky whistle sort of sound as well! There is one other worrying sound he makes which is like a soft squeak/nose clearing sound and it causes his body to like "pop" he does like little almost jumps it like jolts his whole body.

They are all currently on Doxycycline and Enrofloxacin

the pops or jumps are actually silent hiccups, so don't worry so much about those. How long have they been on the doxy and enro?

I thought maybe they were but he makes a sound when it happens like a soft tuff squeak sound.

And they've been on the doxy for nearly 14 days same with the enro

Do you want me to double-check the doses, make sure they were adequate? I would need the concentration of both (mg/ml), the weight of your boy and how much you were told to give.

Do you want me to double-check the doses, make sure they were adequate? I would need the concentration of both (mg/ml), the weight of your boy and how much you were told to give.

I'd really appreciate it!

He's roughly 300 grams and gets .3ml of both medications

Thank you all! I'm gonna finish his run of antibiotics and see if that helps kick the last of it if not he'll be going in for another check up!

Make sure your giving the probiotics two hours before or after the anitbiotics. If they are giving less then two hours before/after the antibiotic it lessons the effect. Hope they get better soon

Back