Auction for lilspaz68 aka shelagh's rescue

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I've organized an auction on FB for Shelagh's rescue to help with vet bills, who is known here as lilspaz68

(here's an intro for any one who is new here:)
ya'll know who I"m talking about right? the lady who spends HOURs online helping folks with their rat issues and is always there to help you calculate a dose, or watch a video of your rat to help you figure out what might be going on or cyber-hold your hand as you say goodbye to a beloved rat.
On top of that,as you may know, she rescues some of the sickest or most desperate rats and mice, giving them expert medical care and a lot of love. Many of her rats end up in sanctuary status, being too sick or difficult to rehome, so the bills can be even higher than other rescues who have the adoption fees to help them out. Plus she has no organized fund raising page or website etc.
undecided.gif

but..... she's got US! fellow rat lovers who want to help out!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I figured an auction would be a fun way to raise funds and also get some cool stuff! and could probably raise more than just a request for monetary donations.
So come on over and check it out! I'm very excited about all the different donations that have come in!

there's something for everyone, not just rat related things. so if you don't have any rats at the moment, there's still likely to be something that catches your eye!

here's the link and more info:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1053219638098598&type=1

the auction starts "officially" tomorrow however some impatient ppl have already placed bids
yelcutelaugh.gif
and they are valid so if you want to bid now, it's fine
wink.gif

The auction ENDS August 10th

description from the page:
"Auction for vet fees for Shelagh Hall's Rescued Rats. Her usual vet is away indefinitely & the interim vet does not offer a rescue discount.
Recent additions to her rescue include Toby with a retained testicle who needs surgery and Emma with an bad internal abscess who may need surgery as well. This is on top of all the usual injuries, illnesses, neuters etc.
Direct donations are also welcomed, PM me for the paypal address
~~ Please join us and let's get these rats the care they need! ~~

for those who are not on Facebook and for those who may have missed it, here's the latest on the auction:

"I don't even know where to begin. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this auction would get so big or do so well. To be honest, it would have been a tiny affair indeed, if it had relied on me and me alone.
But fortunately, I had very little to do with the success of this auction. It was because of all of YOU, our Wonderful Community of caring and concerned animal lovers and rescue supporters, who came together to share your talents and gifts and most especially your time, to pull this off.
Well, no, you didn't just "pull this off". You made it a huge success!

You, the members of this Community, donated the items, some lovingly handmade, others purchased specifically to donate, and still more found treasures you were willing to part with to help this cause. You took the photos and calculated the shipping and answered all the questions. Then after waiting to hear who won your gifts, you packaged them up, took them to the PO and sent them on their way to the lucky winners. I know there were a hundred (or more!!) *other* things you could have been doing with that time. My heart overflows with gratitude that you chose to spend your valuable time here.

You were there at all hours: my admins Samantha and Emma, checking totals, sending out messages, offering suggestions and just doing a fantastic job with organizing and keeping things running smoothly.

You, Dear members of this Community, sent cash donations. Many who had donated before. You shared the auction page. You participated in the auction, you promptly sent in payment, some "rounded up" by a little and some by a lot! And I thought I was bad at "maths" Hahahaha You guys ROCK!
I got many heartwarming notes telling me how much Shelagh has helped you and your rats, how she's been there for you when you really needed her, how much she means to you. You were thanking me for doing this for Shelagh but really all the gratitude goes to YOU guys for being the kind and compassionate and generous people you are.
And that includes of course, our beloved Shelagh.

This isn't the final total, there are a few payments still out, but as of today it looks like over $1,250.17 was raised!
This means vet care and surgeries for rats with tumors or abscesses or injuries, much needed medicines, maybe a few Gerber puffs to win over shy or scared rats, and less stress for Shelagh herself as she does what she does best, "lovin on" rats and their people.

THANK YOU, all of YOU, for making this happen. I love you all."

Back