Frozen treats are no match for Wilson

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SqueakingJellybean

Mission Control -- All is ratness
It's ridiculously hot out today. We've got the AC going, but it's still humid. Why should we get all the cold treats? On a whim, I offered Wilson a taste of my lemon-lime popsicle. He tried to take the whole thing!

"Mom, I got this. Is too heavy for you. Very big treat. I stash it now, okay?

We compromised-- he let go of the popsicle, and I gave him a chunk of it. Agent J wasn't as interested and wasn't sure what all the fuss was about.

They've both since been given frozen banana slices and are overjoyed. There are green grapes in the freezer for critters and people alike, though the rats much prefer the frozen banana or a cold slice of cantaloupe (their bedtime snack).

What sort of treats do you give your rats to help them beat the heat?

Spoiled ratties! :giggle:

Mine don't get any frozen treats, but now I would like to try. Thankfully here in California we only have dry heat, so no humidity really. Inside the house with AC running it stays very comfortable. Frozen treats sound adorable though and I'm sure they would appreciate it. All of my critters love bananas so I will give that a try.

oh I never thought to give my frozen bananas, good idea!

Mine get an ice cube in a bowl of water sometimes, I love to see them play with it
But mainly it's been frozen peas or corn in a bowl of water.

I do make some vegan ice cream with bananas, blueberries, cocoa powder, ground flax seeds, fresh spinach when I have some, and sometimes a couple of nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews) or nut butter (almond butter, natural peanut butter) or any combination of these lol
they like it ok but I bet they'd love a frozen chunk of banana or other fruit

Your Wilson sounds like a hoot! I'll take that whole popsicle off your hands for you, lol

Watermelon, frozen peas (fishing for peas), frozen blueberries, cold cooked quinoa from the fridge.

I will have to try the frozen banana as it sounds like something they will love :)

Back