Maitake

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawntheSnipe

Can anyone post info on how they are using maitake to help suppress tumor growth in their rats?
I have a feeling my vet will be unwilling to operate on my sweet girl Annie again. She is regrowing tumors in the same spot she had one removed in April.

She's only 26 months old, and besides being kinda plump, is in pretty good health.

We use the pet form of maitake on our tumor rats usually we give .05 ml once a day. We have given up to .1 ml twice a day with our girl Eldora who had an inoperable tumor. She got seven months before we had to have her pts. I do believe it was because of the maitake because they took her off it for two weeks to try something else and that tumor just grew after that. You can search this site to find her thread on the tumor.

Do you know what concentration of extract you are using? I don't think I got a pet formulation, so I'm not sure whether our lack of success was due to incorrect dosage.

Thank you!

This is the best I can do. Rest of the label is greasy and smudged
e663f02ddc6990c3ca6be5a00eeadfcf.jpg

Thanks for your help. The vet ended up taking the tumor off, but sadly the incisions were barely healed when another mass started growing in the same place. My husband took her in for the post-operative check-up two weeks ago and there was a tiny lump. As of my getting home from a mission last night, she has a bigger than gumball-sized mass, covered with irritated, scabbed over skin.

My poor, sweet Annie. I asked him to take her in again today to see if there's anything else we can do to keep her comfortable, but I'm afraid we may have to let her go.

Back