My heart rat is going for surgery tomorrow :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnieflower

I just said my goodbyes to my favorite girl Mizu. :( she's two and a half and will be getting a mass removed tomorrow. It started off as a tiny skin tag and grew to a hanging piece of skin. I thought it had an abscess so I started treating her and it was actually becoming necrotic. So I booked her an appointment. She's over two and a half but extremely healthy. I decided to try the removal instead of euthanizing because it is causing her pain.

I'm hoping for the best but it's a horrible feeling knowing this may be the last time I see her. :( please send good vibes her way. <3

16-05-01-00-29-31-413_deco.jpg

Oh I know EXACTLY how anxious you're feeling right now. It's very difficult and nerve shredding! My thoughts are with you. Good luck and keep us updated.

Thanks :) she made it through! Now I'm trying to make the decision to out her back under to remove a mammary tumor. I was so afraid to put her under I told the vet to just do the tiny one and get her off the anesthetic asap. She did well but im worried about her age and how she will do recovering from a large mass removal. :/

OMG, I was afraid to click on the update... YAY!! She made it through.... Why don't you see how she heals from this surgery. Is it a fast growing tumor? Glad she did well...
:001::001::001:​

If she's in good health, I don't see why she shouldn't do well with the big one. I once had a tumour the size of the rat removed on a 37 month old rat. He recovered very well.

Back