Alright y'all, I have babies again!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaRatMama

Long story short, my friend saw a young pregnant rattie at the pet store (where they sell them as feeders) and so I grabbed her so that her and especially her babies would be pets only. 3 days after I brought her home she had her lovely litter. They are all (Luna included) up for adoption and will be ready for their new homes in 2 weeks. :)

Introducing Miss Luna (aka Mama Luna) & her 9 beautiful babies:

305.jpg

310.jpg

355.jpg

342.jpg

397.jpg

401.jpg

457.jpg

459.jpg

471.jpg

467.jpg

aww babies!! they are so darn cute!

I like your creativity in making that cage! now I know what I'll do if I ever need to make a bin cage- I've got a round cooling rack just like that, tee hee
Looks like it works perfect with the water bottle, too.

If anyone is wondering, there are 5 baby girls and 4 baby boys (2 of which have a home she just isn't 100% which 2 she is taking)
I am in southern New Brunswick, Canada and if anyone is close-ish arrangements can always be made. :) I want these babies to have great homes! They just turned 3 weeks old today and are eating blocks and drinking water. I will try to upload individual pics of everyone soon, but man they move! lol Oh, and 2 are standard eared, the rest are dumbo like Luna. Out of the 4 boys, 1 is a black self, 2 are black berks, and 1 is a black hooded (variegated like Luna). Of the 5 girls, 4 are black berks & 1 is black hooded (variegated) and the spitting image of Luna.

aww babies!! they are so darn cute!

I like your creativity in making that cage! now I know what I'll do if I ever need to make a bin cage- I've got a round cooling rack just like that, tee hee
Looks like it works perfect with the water bottle, too.

It works very well! I've used rectangular cooling racks in the past but this was all the store near me had. There is also 1 on the lid, but I wish it had more and I'm thinking of adding some to the other sides now that babies are older and it's so dark in there. The bar spacing is good too, not even the babies can seem to fit their heads through or they're not trying anyway. :thumbup:

Oh god.. That cuteness overload just gave me a heart attack! Look at those ears. They are nearly as big as their heads hahaha. They are just so beautiful! I've never seen such massive ears before lol

Oh my! They are so lovely. I can't believe there is not much interest in adopting them. Sad that people are not into rats that much anymore.

I can see them

as far as I know, nothing has changed, although I did see the admin signed in um yesterday or the day before

you might want to PM him, he is the only one who would know (I saw your other post asking if anything had changed here on RS)

Sorry for no new pics in the last week or so! I have been really busy with a new job. The babies are all doing great and getting sooo big! They're 5 weeks tomorrow and all 4 boys will be going with my wonderful bestie/sister Dallas on the weekend. She just bought a new (to her) cage and it's really big and they're going to love it!
Also going to their new home on the weekend is little miss Ellie and Ruby. :) KatieJane (a new member here) is adopting those 2 girls on Sunday. I'm excited! I love finding good homes for "my" babies.
This will leave just Luna and babies Harley, Dani, and Zoey. If anyone knows anyone looking to adopt in NB, NS, or PEI don't forget to mention my little lovely ladies. I'll try to add some new pictures this weekend. (cause I finally have weekends off now, yay!)

Hey, just thought I'd pop in to say that the girls first night here was pretty quiet and uneventful. They found the tunnel that connects the two cages, and haven't really come out yet except to drink and grab some blocks (I put dishes close by so they didn't have to go far) They do peek out when we come in, and will take treats from us, and let us pat them, so I'm sure they will be great with a little time. I can't wait until they start exploring their new home :) I hope you find homes soon for the rest of them, they are so sweet :)

Back