Houston, we have big, squishy PEW boys!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitchiq

After a three hour drive to Maryland, my West Side Highway boys from Luna's House are home!

Luna's House is a lovely rescue; the second we got there they were warm, friendly, and happy to speak with us! The boys' foster mom was also wonderful; she's done such a nice job with the boys, their siblings, and their mom. E-mail communication with the rescue was constant, and they were quick to answer any of my questions. If you're anywhere near Edgewood, MD and looking for a new family member, I'd recommend giving them a call!

Angus The smaller boy. A little more adventurous, a little more comfortable being pet. He started whiskering over everything the second I set him in the cage (and was the first to find their food bowls, lol). Willing to take food from my hand already.

Mario A big, hesitant boy who's happy to have his brother scope everything out while he remains in the safety of their igloo. As a thank you to Angus for making sure that everything is in order, Mario steals food out of his brother's mouth.

Both are named after resident doctors on one of my favorite shows, Code Black! They're still settling in, but I'm hoping that over the next few weeks they'll grow more accustomed to me and get comfortable with me picking them up and petting them. I can tell that their vision isn't too great because they do a lot of head weaving, so we're working hard to get them used to our voices and smells.

Here they are in their bin cage during the car ride home:

IMG_5948_zpsbn9wgl1g.jpg

Here inquisitive Angus is venturing out of the igloo while Mario flashes us his backside :laugh:

http://vid1104.photobucket.com/albums/h328/glitchiq/IMG_5950_zpsb6q0w2wc.mp4

And here's their first salad! Blueberries, some mixed greens, broccoli, and a sliced baby carrot!

IMG_5951_zpsgchihemw.jpg

All of the things for their CN haven't arrived yet, including some custom hammocks, so for now they're on what I have left from my girls. I'm excited for what lies ahead of my new boys and me!

:kisses::kisses:

Congratulations on your stunningly handsome man-rats! Additional photos are welcome (*hint, hint*). ;) Are your boys intact?

Congratulations on your stunningly handsome man-rats! Additional photos are welcome (*hint, hint*). ;) Are your boys intact?

Thanks! I'll post more of their lil mugs once I get the chance to upload some from my phone to photobucket :thumbup: And nope! These boys are no longer guarding the family jewels, lol! The rescue neutered them awhile ago!

After a night of tearing everything apart, spilling water, and completely reorganizing their cage, these boys are throughly tuckered out! (PS I fell asleep with the cage doors wide open, and I'm proud to say that while they made a big mess, they didn't pull a Houdini and disappear on me lol)

Angus let me stroke his cheek! What a good boy :)

image_zpsrs8zdoml.jpeg

This is the best picture I have of them so far! A little bit of brotherly snuggling!

image_zps7zchxqvo.jpeg

Awwww, they're so sweet! I find that my boys are really attached to their cage. I leave the door open incase they want to free range on my big bed and snuggle in the pillows but they choose to mostly remain in their castle.

Awwww, they're so sweet! I find that my boys are really attached to their cage. I leave the door open incase they want to free range on my big bed and snuggle in the pillows but they choose to mostly remain in their castle.

Wow! Totally different than with girls; you couldn't keep my two ladies in their cage! Yesterday when I had them out, they ran around for awhile and eventually crawled up onto that rack under their CN and fell asleep, lol. I'm finding that they're definitely more... nocturnal than the girls ever were. Snoozing all day, complete cage renovation at night; it's so odd!

Haha so cute. My boy are generally busy at night. They have a few hours in the morning between 10 and 1 when they're quite active (on high alert at the mention of porridge or a slice of fruit) and then they are out for the count until at least 7pm! They then have a few hours active time, followed by a quick rat-nap and then off they go!

Haha so cute. My boy are generally busy at night. They have a few hours in the morning between 10 and 1 when they're quite active (on high alert at the mention of porridge or a slice of fruit) and then they are out for the count until at least 7pm! They then have a few hours active time, followed by a quick rat-nap and then off they go!

Aww! These boys start gearing up around 7pm too! They pick up momentum and then start winding down around 9-10pm. They're probably still figuring out their schedule since they're so new, but I can tell that they are more than happy to doze the day away. Which is a good thing! I'm gone most of the day anyways, so a little bit after I get home they're ready to interact (we're working on getting to know each other).

Typical men, sleep all day - give them some attention and food and they are happy... oh, did anyone mention penis plugs to you.... that's something you don't get with girls.. :lol6: Wait until you catch them cleaning the "area" freaked me out the first time.... It's a whole different world..

Typical men, sleep all day - give them some attention and food and they are happy... oh, did anyone mention penis plugs to you.... that's something you don't get with girls.. :lol6: Wait until you catch them cleaning the "area" freaked me out the first time.... It's a whole different world..

Oh goodness! I've heard of those, but am yet to witness anything - er - "going down" lol! They're already so different from girls; much more chilled out, much hungrier, much squishier, etc. I'm having a harder time getting them acclimated to me because they're a little less interactive. I posted a thread about it but haven't heard anything back yet.

Aww! These boys start gearing up around 7pm too! They pick up momentum and then start winding down around 9-10pm. They're probably still figuring out their schedule since they're so new, but I can tell that they are more than happy to doze the day away. Which is a good thing! I'm gone most of the day anyways, so a little bit after I get home they're ready to interact (we're working on getting to know each other).
You don't have to worry about the plugs until they get older, oh and the buck grease. They will smell some because of that. Unneutered seem to have more buck grease and an odor - some people like the smell some don't. Just wait till you catch them pulling it out to clean it! I'll look for your other thread.

You don't have to worry about the plugs until they get older, oh and the buck grease. They will smell some because of that. Unneutered seem to have more buck grease and an odor - some people like the smell some don't. Just wait till you catch them pulling it out to clean it! I'll look for your other thread.

Good to hear! And I've definitely noticed they're a little funkier than my girls were, but it's nothing that regular cleaning can't keep in check! And they are neutered; the rescue made sure of that.

Back