FREE cute Siamese Boys in Danger need Help Immediately - Saint John NB

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
on kijiji - FREE cute Siamese Boys need help Immediately!! - Saint John NB

- Pictures of boys in ad

person who advertises on kijiji to take in unwanted small pets (and seems to breed hamsters) let the boys have contact with hamsters and of course they killed the hamsters.
The person blames the "killer rats" and wants them gone immediately as snake food etc
Can anyone save these boys?

===================================

Yes free rats for whatever live feeding or pets or just plain testing rats

all white. Huge rats

Reasons: they killed 4 little poor souls and 5th one unknown if alive or not. (hamsters) and no longer want them here anymore.

Do what u see fit. I don't cared about them anymore.

506 645 8184

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-small-animal...ts/1138985391?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Oh no! Those poor sweet boys! Only an idiot would let adult male rats near hamsters. I love hamsters; but the little poofballs are pretty damn helpless, especially up against an big, hormonal boy rattie. I'd hate to see them go for snake food because the way the person is advertising isn't going to attract anyone who's looking to make pets out of them.

I'm wayyyyyy too far away, but someone please save these boys! I'm so scared they're gonna go as snake food just because this person made a stupid, uninformed decision and has now decided that "[they] don't cared about them anymore". God.

Someone in the area I know on a rat site has now texted ..... if they can't help, I may be trying to drive to that city in the morning :(
another snow storm here today and it is now late at night

I'm glad to hear you're trying to save these boys!

Usually the kijiji ads I see on here are at least okay. It's usually a good-natured person who can't hang onto their pet, and maybe they've made some mistakes (ex. single rat, aquarium, etc.), but they aren't completely condemning the rat. (Sometimes it's a BYB but that's a different story, ugh) This just gets at me more because it's so clear the person doesn't care about them at all, even though they're professing to be this "safe haven" for unwanted small animals. They're the one who got their hamsters killed, and to make it worse they're punishing the rats for their mistake.

agreed ..... hoping that someone on here or on another site I posted this to, that is in the same city will be able to help them

Unfortunately people who write those ads that sound like they care and are trying to place rats into good homes, often actually are just dumping them but write ads to make it so they don't look bad ........... experience has shown me that those rats are usually in serious danger too even tho the ads don't sound like it :(

It's just hard. Rats are considered so disposable. Nobody stops to think that they're intelligent or that they have little personalities. Just like any other pet, when you take them in, you're making a commitment to them that you will care for them for as long as you possibly can. They have no control over their lives, and it disgusts me when people take advantage of that :(

That is truly terrible and heartbreaking. I would take those boys in a heartbeat if they were even remotely near me. Any idea how many there are?

There are 4 boys.

Good News !
A member of the forum who lives in that area is adopting them and has left to pick them up.

So they will soon be safe and in a forever home.

Thank goodness! :thumbsup: Maybe we could get some pics once they're settled and happy? I'm excited to hear that they're safe!!

Very relieved to hear. It incenses me beyond articulation when people treat an animal with sheer disrespect, disregard, or cruelty for simply behaving in a way that is completely natural and/or expected under the circumstances given. Blaming the rats and labelling them "killers" is completely tactless and stems from this person's usage of anthropomorphism. The content and title of the ad evidences an individual without the responsibility, knowledge, love, and compassion that is required for rescuing animals. Disgusting.

And I second glitchiq's request for an update on the boys upon settling in their new home. Poor babies. :(

I'll see about uploading photos to photobucket
The 4 boys are very friendly but small for 1 yr old boys, skinny and underweight
They were rescued late last night and I was told that they enjoyed a good meal along with Harlan teklad blocks

I've got them :) I'm trying to upload pics but I have to wait until a program finishes downloading. These boys are just the best, seriously! The woman called them huge but they were so skinny when I picked them up. They're fattening up now, but they're still not huge hahaha

Back