at home treatments for sneezes?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raticus

my rats are having issues with sneezing/sounding congested, you can hear it when you put them up by your ear. but I really don't have any money to take them to the vet right now.. is there anything I can do at home or something I can pick up at the store to give to them?

my rats are having issues with sneezing/sounding congested, you can hear it when you put them up by your ear. but I really don't have any money to take them to the vet right now.. is there anything I can do at home or something I can pick up at the store to give to them?

no, not that I'm aware of. Can you ask your vet if she/he will take payments? borrow money from a friend or family member? sell something you don't really need?

there are meds you can buy online, but it takes time to get them.

as previously mentioned, they need to see a good vet asap and will likely need to be immediately started on prescription antibiotics.
Rats are prey animals so by the time you noice they are ill, you are usually already into an emergency

As mentioned you need to beg or borrow money asap or try to make payment arrangements with your vet
there really are no other options other then vet care with a good vet experienced in treating rats (or willing to learn) and prescription meds

People with rats usually keep bank accounts with several hundred dollars for vet care (which they continually ad to) or credit cards because when they become ill, you don't have time to try to save up money

Rats really need vet prescribe meds for a proper treatment. There is nothing over the counter that can help them. You can help ease the symptoms with children's benedryl but that won't stop the progression of their illness. I hope you find a way to get them to a vet asap.

If it were just occasional sneezing without congestion, then you could try making changes to the environment in case something was irritating their respiratory systems ...
but this is very serious and they need to see a good vet asap

yeah I'll make an appointment, I figured I'd need to just was wondering if there was something I could try first. thankyou:)

Back