Wimpering baby boy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tydin

Yeah, so. I have a new little pair of brothers who are joining my family as Winnie my girl has cancer and we dont want Ripley to be alone. They seem to have settled in well, but Gus one of the little lads seems to occassionally wimper like a puppy. He has zero signs of ant respatory issues, apart from a week of new home sneezes and raspy noisey which have since stopped, but some times, he will just sit, and cry. Its heart breaking to hear, and picking him up and petting him, talking calmly seems to help. He's deffo not a scared or shy boy, and it does seem to happen more when there was a recent scuffle ion the cage which I usually come in and tell them off which stops it in its tracks. I worry about the little guy. Never had a rat make noises like this, he honestly sounds like a puppy crying for its mother.

Can you get a video of that? Rats dont generally cry. Usually they can scream and squeal but I haven't heard a crying noise.

How old are the boys?

thanks for the reply Hope. Yeah I know! Thats what I thought! only time ive ever known a rat to make noise is when its scared, pissed off or angry! They all currently seems pretty happy so going to just leave them to it tonight. I'll get a video tomorrow but hopefully he wont make the noise! But if he does it might shed on light maybe?
Not sure if it matters but when hes done it on the few occassions and I try to comfort him, he will lay very flat/limp, and just let me pet him, silently, and usually he'll wimper then I'll talk softly again to him which seems to help him settle a bit. He last did it I guess an hour and a half ago from this post, and it took about 15 minutes for him to spring back up and take interest in the area around him. The lads are both approx 12 weeks old. And growing quickly!

We have Gus, at the front here and Benji is the handsome little roan resting his head on his brothers back.

12339579_817124511730434_237302967357998515_o.jpg

I am wondering about the seizure as well and the time it takes him to "come out of it".

forget the noise just see if you can get a video of him spacing out or limp? you can also pick him up and watch his eyes from the front...if you see them rhythmically twitch together then he might be having mild seizures.

Back