Where are the fuzzbutts?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHermit

Hello again everyone! I've been around, just lurking and being my antisocial self. It's so good to see the forum being active!

But I am ready now. I healed up my heart after the boys, have moved, made some changes, and I desperately want to feel rats in my hands and on my shoulders and I want to study every detail of their lip-smacking eating habits and kiss their faces and... you get the idea. I got excited last week and ordered a bag of Oxbow through work :toothy2:

Thing is I can't seem to find a rescue in my area and the Barrie OSPCA doesn't seem to ever have rats :/ . I'd rather adopt from a no-kill rescue anyway. It seems Chelles and Henrys are no longer operating?

So where might I find some adoptable (and reachable) fuzzbutts?

There's T & J's Ratscue in Toronto, and Guelph Rat Save in Guelph. Unfortunately I don't think there are any that are closer :(

Alliston HS probably has rats but they are a shelter, so I am not sure what you will find there.

Thanks Shelagh! I caught the flu for the first time in years and it knocked me out for a few days but I did get a chance to check out both of the rescues on Facebook. I'm waiting to be approved for membership with T & Js to get a better look at 'em :)

My goal was to not look at ratties waiting for retirement but Smokey on Guelph Rat Save's page has stolen my heart <3

Back