air freshener

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briana

So I am wondering of a natural way to make a safe air freshener for my room it is closed of from the house because of the cats. Not for the smell of the rats because they don't really smell but because I love fall scents. I've been told diffusers but i'm not sure what type or brand. Also some people say that the wax melts or oil melts are safe? Apparently they don't harm chinchillas who have much more sensitive respiratory systems. I'd just love that someone with a good amount of knowledge to tell me what I should or shouldn't use also if anyone who is a vet or talked to their vet about it has an ideas for an air freshener I know candles are not safe at all and things like room sprays.

Also can anyone tell me is scentsy is safe to burn the wax melts? I'm not sure of the ingredients but anyone who has it or sells it I'm sure would know.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I wouldn't add any fragrance to a small room with rats. They have a great sense of smell and very sensitive respiratory system. I surely wouldn't risk adding "pollution" in the air for them.

I once put a eucalyptus plant in my rat room and I had noticed way more sneezing. I don't know if it was just a coincidence but I wasn't impressed.

Back