Harry terrified of other rats because of bully hormonal brother

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

So harry and schnitzel are half brothers and have been together pretty much since they were 5 weeks old and they were bred by a local breeder and had a home until they were just sylhy of a year old in march which is when we got them because the families kid became allergic but I don't think that was an actually reason because when we got them I noticed harry had a lot of old and new wounds which I didn't know how they got there until hours after we got them I had to pull schnitzel off of poor harry and even though we have tried our best to get schnitzel to stop his aggression towards his today was the last straw for me. He attacked harry and would not stop and I actually had to pull harry out from under him because every time I pushed him off he came right back and almost bit clean through Harry's tummy :( so now I have to try and put harry with our newest boy which I have introduced them a couple of times however because of his brother he is terrified of other rats.. How do I get him to see that not all rats are mean like his brother?

IMG_20151009_173413.jpg

I have two brothers I got the boys as babies and once Tucker's hormones kicked in he would terroriorize Wally. Attacked him all the time - Wally was terrified! So we separated them and got Tucker a neuter - when we put them back together Wally would attack Tucker, who was now the sweestest little boy. So Wally got a neuter. After that Wally never forgot and always attacked Tucker - it took us a year to get them back together and I still don't think their that happy together.

We got a rescue last year, Stewart, don't know his history, but he was afraid of other rats. Terrified of them. He would try to socialize, but he had no socialization skills and would hide if any other rat came toward him. He is now happily living with 5 women!!

Its not hopeless give him time.

Back