Who is the father of my rat pups? One potential has bad health.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallblossom

I have a current litter of nine. Six pups are black berkshires while the other three are blue berkshires.

My rat mom is a black berkshire who squeezed through the bars of the boys' cage to mate. One of my males is a seal point with red eyes. The other is a blue berkshire with burgundy eyes.

When I heard a scuffle in the boys cage I turned around to see my rat doe was running around in it and noticed my seal point was licking his genitals with his penis out. However, my blue boy is sickly and I didn't see anything going on with him and he tried to mount his cagemate once the female was removed from their cage which shows he is capable of mounting despite his poor condition.

My rat mom has a blue sister. I need to know who my rat pups father is as my seal point is 27 months old and of good health. My blue has a heart murmur, labored breathing because of it, and a tumor. If he is the father he will pass on these genes onto my rat pups.

Is is possible for a seal point rat to create blue pups? Gosh, I hope so for the pups sake.

Last edited:
Back