Maisey has passed please read...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilhushpup

Maisey passed this morning, this is my first rat loss. It was a long night and finally after 11 hrs she passed quietly. I am so saddened by this, she was fine yesterday and late afternoon she would just lay there I went to feed her and her sister Bella and Maisey just had no interest which was not her norm. She lived to eat! So I picked her up noticed labored breathing but no respritory congested sounds, no nasel/eye discharge. All else seemed well called vet she said make her as comfy as can be bring her in in morning. Well I checked her throughout night, Bella layer on her as she just wanted her hammock. I went out to mailbox then wrote a grocery list went over to check and she passed just like that! She just turned 1 on Oct. 4th. :tearful: RIP my dear girl....

I'm so sorry for your loss :( It's so hard when we lose them so young especially since they don't get much time with us anyway so you feel robbed of what little time you did/should have had left..Rest easy sweet girl!

I'm so sorry you have lost your little girl. I'm glad she had a peaceful passing at home. Take heart that she had a wonderful life with you and was happy and healthy until she passed. Your heart is broken right now, but as time passes you will just remember her with a smile in your heart.
RIP Maisey, play hard at the Bridge...

I'm sorry for your loss. :( My girl Pepper was just about to turn 1 when she passed.... losing them young is horrible. Although, there is a brighter side to this - from what you said she went peacefully, and like you said, she was fine yesterday, so try to take solace in the fact that she didn't have to be sick for very long. I think something aggressive took her and I doubt that anything could have been done for her, as unfortunate as that is. She's up on the bridge now - reminiscing about what a great owner she had - and she'll always be with you, even if she isn't physically here anymore. -hugs-

But, if you want to feel like she's always with you physically - I do have a little ritual whenever one of my girls dies. I wrap their bodies in a piece of fleece and cut a piece off that fleece and keep it with me. It may seem silly but I always feel like I'm always connected to them when I hold the cloths.

Last edited:
Back