Where do you guys get your BIG hammocks?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velo

So now that I have a colony of 7, I want to get some bigger hammocks - especially cubes/rectangles.
I just don't know where to look, the places I know only have 7 or 8 inch square cubes and I want something bigger.
Any suggestions? C:

I make big ones but because of how hard they are for me to make with my vision issues, I charge kinda a lot for them, like $18
I know others charge even more but I feel bad charging that much, cuz I know how quickly some rats can chew thru hammocks

Do you do cubes / rectangles? That's what mine like the most.
And that seems perfectly reasonable for a price to me!

yes, I can make them with up to four exits, and basically to whatever dimensions you'd like.
I have a template to make one that is roughly 9 inches tall and 9 inches deep and 12 inches long, for a big colony I could extend it to 13 or 14 inches long, if you want. You don't want it too long or it won't fit in a CN/FN, I don't know about other cages but I think the CN/FNs are the biggest....?

yes, I can make them with up to four exits, and basically to whatever dimensions you'd like.
I have a template to make one that is roughly 9 inches tall and 9 inches deep and 12 inches long, for a big colony I could extend it to 13 or 14 inches long, if you want. You don't want it too long or it won't fit in a CN/FN, I don't know about other cages but I think the CN/FNs are the biggest....?

9x9x12 sounds good!
Can you make me 2 with 3 exits each? I don't care what colors/patterns, everything is fine by me! C:
My zip code is 60440, just let me know what I owe ya. :D

9x9x12 sounds good!
Can you make me 2 with 3 exits each? I don't care what colors/patterns, everything is fine by me! C:
My zip code is 60440, just let me know what I owe ya. :D

sure thing :)

does it need to be all fleece or is flannel/cotton and fleece ok? or would you like to try one of each?

I was gonna offer to make some too, but Petunia deserves business!

I can also make them bigger. I don't know why I usually don't. I guess small ones take less fabric and they still sell, so I never bother with bigger ones. Plus I already have a cube pattern cut out, so I just trace it onto the fabric.

Maybe I should invest some time into bigger ones, anyways. I know others have even larger colonies!

I've got to pass on this order, so sorry Velo. My vision is bad again and I've got two other prepaid orders that are ahead of you.
fumblesquid has made some cubes for me that are awesome and quite frankly better made than mine. I hope you'll consider ordering from her

thanks so much for the opportunity though ;-) I appreciate it.

Back