Wood sticking to fleece?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandon

I bought my girls these berry flavoured wooden chew sticks that they seem to love, but yesterday when I cleaned the cage it was an absolute nightmare to get all the fragments of wood off of the fleece liners. I couldn't shake them off, or wipe them off - I had to individually pick at the blanket until all the big pieces were off and let the washing machine do the rest. What do you guys do to deal with this problem? I don't want to take the sticks away but I also don't want the hassle of getting them off the fleece and making a mess either :(

I hate when this happens. I have a pile of sawdust in my cage right now. x3
I usually wipe off as much as I can (use my hand as a "broom"), then shake 'em out. I just shake like mad until it's off. I personally shake my stuff out in my garage and once in a while I sweep up all the junk off the floor.

I don't know any other way to deal with it. Some chews are way less messy, like the apple wood sticks. But, they like a variety so...
I actually don't buy many wood chews anymore because of this.
I've been sticking with the Snack Shack log, Lava Ledges and loofa style chews instead.

I hate when this happens. I have a pile of sawdust in my cage right now. x3
I usually wipe off as much as I can (use my hand as a "broom"), then shake 'em out. I just shake like mad until it's off. I personally shake my stuff out in my garage and once in a while I sweep up all the junk off the floor.

I don't know any other way to deal with it. Some chews are way less messy, like the apple wood sticks. But, they like a variety so...
I actually don't buy many wood chews anymore because of this.
I've been sticking with the Snack Shack log, Lava Ledges and loofa style chews instead.

Where do you buy your snack shack logs? And how long do they last, roughly?

Where do you buy your snack shack logs? And how long do they last, roughly?

I got my first log in the last week of September, 2014. And it's still going strong. :D

I get mine from Dr Fosters and Smith, they usually have them on sale (like right now haha)
Link!

The snak shak logs are available at most pet stores I think...those that cater to rodents. My rats love those things and sadly, doesn't last long here.

Back