Question for canadian members. Where do you buy your fleece for CN liners?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandon

I've been buying 3 fleece blankets from Walmart every time I need to make new liners since my rats destroy them often, and it totals at about $19 plus tax and everything. I was just wondering if there was a cheaper solution - like a canadian website that ships out fleece at a reasonably low price. I can't go with Joann fabric since they only ship from the US and 4-6 yards comes to like $40+

$3...it's not the best quality or colour selection but since they are going to be chewed anyways lol.
Go to the aisle with fabric (usually 2nd or 3rd, closer to the back?) With the pillow cushions, towels etc. They are rolled up.

$3...it's not the best quality or colour selection but since they are going to be chewed anyways lol.
Go to the aisle with fabric (usually 2nd or 3rd, closer to the back?) With the pillow cushions, towels etc. They are rolled up.

How many liners can you make per roll? The blankets I get from walmart have pretty good color selection [light blue, pink, etc] and they're $5 each. A whole blanket can make one liner for the big pans and two liners for the platforms, so I buy 3 totalling in at about $19. It's not terrible on a monthly basis, considering how much carefresh I would have to go through in a month - but still, I'm all about saving money when and if I can.

The ones at Dollarama make for one single layer for the big pan and one (maybe two if you're smart) for the small pans. But then again, I suck at cutting fleece, so you'll probably fare better than me. They're pretty big blankets.

Well that extra $2 I'm paying per blanket at walmart does add up. Thanks you guys! I'll hit up Dollarama tomorrow and try them out.

Also one more question. What do you put underneath them to absorb pee? I tried towels my first time around making liners but they made a huge mess with loose strands all over the place so I kind of gave up on them and haven't used anything besides the fleece since, which I know isn't really effective on it's own as bedding.

Last edited:
I just use fleece with my four boys, and it only starts to smell after about a week. They really use their pee rock though. Maybe try a sherpa baby blanket if your really going for absorption?

I just use fleece with my four boys, and it only starts to smell after about a week. They really use their pee rock though. Maybe try a sherpa baby blanket if your really going for absorption?

Oooooh well if there doesn't need to be anything to absorb it then I'll just keep going as is. The pee doesn't really smell up the cage since I clean it every 3 days.

So I did the measurements and they aren't big enough to be liners. But, rather than having the $9 I spent go to waste, I made hammocks with them - so still worth it.

Not them, try the isle with the towels and stuff? They're big rolls, I'll go out tomorrow and take some pictures for you. They're darker colours, blues and reds and blacks and browns. I think there's also a lighter blue?

Not them, try the isle with the towels and stuff? They're big rolls, I'll go out tomorrow and take some pictures for you. They're darker colours, blues and reds and blacks and browns. I think there's also a lighter blue?

I'll check again in a couple days so I can swing by the one up town too.

With that being said, the blankets I did get are amazing for them to cuddle in. It's still fleece but softer than what I usually get.. probably because it's meant for babies. My girls love them.

I grabbed one a while ago and it really is so plush and soft.. It'll probably be great for absorption of you have hammock pee-ers ;D

0e90c1715745552a713119a2b00cdec6.jpg

Just took this today, they're in the towel isle.

Back