Mouse at the pet store..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

So today we went to our local pet store to talk to the locals (rats :) ) I noticed a little mouse though there are at least 30-40 in the tank with him but I noticed him because from his ear to the middle of his neck the flesh was gone even his ear...gone..somehow ripped off but of course this is a common thing since they have so many in one tank both males and females... I'm not a mouse person and I know really nothing about mice but I am really considering taking this little guy... I'm torn between knowing its wrong and my conscious saying he won't get medical treatment other wise... I can talk till I'm blue in the face to these people and they don't listen.. They have a momma and 6 babies in the feeder tank with 5 boys so she is probably preggo again even though I told them she needed to be moved to a separate tank without boys since she isn't a breeder... That's just one of the many things I have talked to them about that goes in one ear and out the other.. They use cedar and pine for bedding and they clean the tanks with the furries in them by spraying windex right in their little faces :( We don't buy anything from them anymore because its so crappy there for the littles even though we have tried to help them make improvements they really don't care...

Quarantine if you do. Mice can carry Sendai and not show symptoms. Mice also will dig their faces off if they have mites so that could be part of it as well.

OK I'll ask my mom if I can use her spare bedroom so he will be across town :) I have revolution can I treat him with that? Might need to do some reading tonight on mice.. We shall see tomorrow if he hasn't been eaten by then cause seems a lot of that there with mice eating others which is gruesome

Well no mice in moms house haha honestly I don't blame her given the trouble she has had with field mice over the years but sadly that meant we couldn't get the little guy.. I'll go back next week and check on him.

Back