NYC-Need adopters and fosters for babies, etc.!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raquel

Update-New York City-
Rat adopters and fosters needed!!!
Please contact Lisa: [email protected] if you can help.
Background: rats released by "...elevated patch of grass next to 12th Avenue near 57th Street, next to the West Side Highway": http://gothamist.com/2015/07/14/these_rats_are_doomed.php
Lisa said: "The rats are DOMESTIC white rats, including young juveniles and babies.

"...the primary need at the moment are adopters and people willing to foster. Adoption is top priority, as there are well over 100 animals, and counting. We have plenty of people willing to catch them, but we must find places for them to go first. Also, the city has poisoned the colony, so we are in a race against time. We are quickly running out of space and time, so..., now is the time to step up. People who can adopt are what we need most. The rats who have been caught so far are surprisingly tame and mellow, and able to live together with no conflict. Many are very young babies!

"...this is a group effort among several rescues and individuals, ...please be patient if you try to contact and do not hear back right away. We are juggling many problems, and the poison has made everything even more difficult. If you do not get a response, please do not get offended, and make multiple efforts. We are all working extremely hard to get as many rats saved as possible. Thanks so much! Lisa A" Posted for Lisa by Raquel

Please contact: [email protected] if you can help by adopting or fostering.

I emailed Lisa and let her know if a train makes it up to Southern NH I can take a couple of girls but they have to be around a year old, no babies at this time. someone is hoping to do a run at the end of August, after a lot of the babies have been born. the situation changes often, sadly what they still need is someone in NYC to go and trap the rats that are still there.... they don't have enough "boots on the ground" where they need them the most. I don't know anyone in that area and I don't drive so there's nothing I can do.

also they are selling t shirts
https://www.bonfirefunds.com/help-t...10153513956923594&fb_action_types=og.comments

Drusilla Kehl did the artwork

This whole situation kills me. The fact that some heartless, awful person released these poor babies in such a dangerous location, on top of the fact that the city put down poison in an attempt to "deal" with the problem is heart breaking. I can't believe that the same city that rescued a hundred bunnies living in filth in an alley from a hoarder and is making her pay a 50,000 dollar fine, and the same city that stopped a subway train to safely save 2 stray kittens from the tracks, is poisoning these poor, neglected domesticated pets WHILE there are rescuers there trying to deal with the situation.

It absolutely rips me apart that I'm not home in New York to help deal with this (I'm currently living in PA). I donated what ever money I could, but my heart won't let me sleep at night, I just stare at the ceiling thinking about these sweeties. Ugh. On monday I'm planning on calling the mayor's office to politely voice my opinion on how horribly the situation was dealt with, and I'll be writing emails and letters with lots of information about rats in them. If anyone wants the contact info, please feel free to ask and I'll post it.

Update: Please read, do what you can, and share

New York City rat rescue

New York City rat rescue-"Update for social media. Please send to anyone
who may be interested in posting.

"This is a photo of Petunia, Rose, and Daffodil on their way to their new
foster home with their guardian. These angels are the lucky ones: we
continue to see more dying horrific deaths from the city's attempt to
poison these sweet domestic animals. To date we have had 34 adopted, with 2
adoptions pending; and 13 taken for foster care. Babies continue to be born
to the large number of females rescued from the West Side Highway in
Manhattan.

"We desperately need fosters and adopters for upcoming litters. I will post
a list of currently available for adoption soon. Individual kind humans,
not affiliated with any rescue group, have put their lives on hold to go
daily to try to save these doomed animals. There is no support from any
city agency, there is no support from law enforcement, there is no support
from media: this is not a story worth telling.

"Please help us help these poor defenseless animals find safety. They do
not deserve to suffer and die these brutal deaths. Individuals continue to
go out daily, but we need new help to relieve those exhausted by non-stop
effort. We need people who are willing to hold these animals until they can
be transported to a rescue in NJ. The rescue in NJ has taken more than 150
of these rats, and we would be hopeless without their assistance.

"If you cannot help any other way, please donate to their care. Literally
every dollar counts. PayPal [email protected], specify NYC rat rescue.
Thanks to all who support is in our efforts to save these gentle souls." by
Lisa: lilyanselmo @ gmail. com (no spaces in email) is contact for
information.

--
Raquel

Thank you, all! For all information or to offer help, ask questions, etc.: Please contact Lisa: [email protected]
She is in charge. I do not have a computer and do not get to the rented computer often enough to relay information in a timely fashion.

Thank you,
Raquel

Back