Sam

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Poor little Sam.
On Sat night he was chasing one of Godmother's girls who escaped into the play area while he was out, he caught up to her and they boxed for a min, then Sam fell over backwards and he has been unable to use one of his back legs since.
I have been giving metacam to reduce pain and any inflammation but he is still dragging that leg, although he can move it and use it to push back against my hand.
Sam has not shown any signs of pain and there has been no swelling
Any ideas?
looks like a vet visit is needed asap ...

Last edited:
It sounds like he may have pulled a muscle or something. I don't know if the vet could suggest anything other than antiinflammatories, and you've got that covered.

Thank you all for your comments and your caring.

Sam seems a bit better but is still dragging his leg
I have a tentative vet appointment scheduled in a few days in case there is something else going on
but I am hoping that Sam is soon back racing around on all 4s

Oh I'm sure he will SQ. As I said, he can move it. If he'd done something to his spine of his back, he wouldn't be able to move it. I reckon he just needs some rest and the meds and he'll be right as rain in a few days! If he's still not ok in a couple of days, then a vet will know more. Get well soon little Sam!

Back