• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hammocks for rescues

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hammock sales this time of year are typically very slow (as in, I've only sold 3 hammocks LOL)

I like making hammocks for rescues but since my own financial situation is not great, I can not continue to donate both my time AND all the materials.

However if anyone is willing to pay for the materials (basically the fabric and grommets) I can make up bundles of hammocks to be sent to your favorite rescue. I can make flats and offset bunk beds, you would need to cover the shipping cost

I have some fabric I got on sale, very nice stuff, if I used that, I could make quite a few hammocks for a fairly low cost

I am now using high quality Gutterman thread only, as I was having trouble with the less expensive thread
I use brass grommets but can use fleece or ribbon loops if you prefer.

I have been asked by several rescues to donate hammocks in exchange for free advertising but I just don't sell enough hammocks to offset the cost in materials.
I am currently running in the red and will continue to do so until I get more sales, or until I sell off my fabric/supplies (poly mailers, thread, etc).
I plan to sell off some fabric anyway, but before I do that, I thought I'd see if there was any interest in these rescue hammocks

these two huge packages with over 36 hammocks, are going out to Peggy's Rescued Rat Adoptions!!!
The rescue put up the money for the materials, money that could have gone for neuters or spays or other things; I donated my time and work, and so far we have one person who has donated to cover about half the shipping (still need $10 more if anyone can help)

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt318/catznratz/001_1.jpg

da5fea56-cff4-49ab-8712-7e4fd2888352.jpg

Rescues use a LOT of hammocks, because they have a lot of cages and a LOT of rats!! it's an ongoing need and expense, like food and litter.

If you have a rescue you'd like me to make hammocks for, let me know. I'm offering normal sized hammocks (14inches square) for $2 each, plus shipping.

I will also be selling off a lot of my fabric and have a bunch of very large scraps that would make cubes and other hammocks that I'll be selling cheap, PM me if you're interested
I have some thread and other things I'm going to be selling too.
It's time for me to downsize, I'm gonna be 60 next year and I got too much stuff here to take care of, etc. Thinking of moving to a smaller place in a couple of years.

the fabric will be sold on FB destash pages, maybe etsy and also eBay.
so please let me know and I'll get you the links when I've listed things.

and thanks to all my customers over the past 5+ years, you've been awesome!!!

Last edited:
I cannot wait to get these hammocks. The rats are going to go nuts. we are just so low on hammocks again and we have 36 different cage parts or cages. So that is a lot of space to put hammocks in :)

I wish I'd had more pink for you, but alas I got that green skull fabric on sale with an added 10% off, so....that's why there's so many in that print. It's good sturdy fabric though so hopefully the little chewers won't eat em up too fast!

Back