2am rat rant

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

So went to the pet store to see if they had wheels on sale and of course daughter wanted to look at the bunnies...they had a male rat in a tank by himself with a sign that said in sale $5 very aggressive..hubby saw it as a challenge and ask to socialize with said aggressive rat and in 3-4 minutes was holding him haha so much for the aggressive part then on the other side of the room about 6ft away there was a tank of hairless feeders one had babies and then the tank next to that had 2 females in with the males......I was done at that point and made hubby put his new friend back so we could go...then the girl that gave us tater and honey (because she had too many rats) then turned around a few months or so later giving us Sam and dean..she also wanted us to take 6 girls was supposed to be Sam's sisters and mom but I said no..Dean was supposed to be from a friend of a friend of a friend and was a feeder gone wrong (snake wouldn't eat him) but he lost the tip of his tail in the process and still and probably will always have a nub from where I guess the people held him by his tail to try and intise the snake to eat him..she said her boyfriend has a snake but ahe hates it (thats the first red flag i got with the dean situation)but I have stayed in contact with her and one of Sam's sisters died a month or so ago..she isn't sure what happened to her cause she was missing for a day cause one of her friends let her out while she was at work and so said friends mom put rat poison out because she hates rats..anyway she suffered for hours before she finally died again don't know if poison or something else but she said the other day when talking about her she referred to her as Sam and deans sister....then I obviously can't sleep tonight so I took a look at her Facebook and saw that she got the snake that she said was her boyfriends for her self around Christmas and he didn't even want her to get it....so my theory is that she got the snake then went and purchased a pregnant female from her local pet store then fed some of the babies to the snake with poor little dean being the last victim for which the snake had no room realized she was stuck with extra and tried to give me some sappy I saved this momma from big mean people and then she had babies story so I would take them...I didn't take the girls because I had no room but I kind of wish I had now cause sweet little Olivia (Sam&Dean's sister) would probably still be alive...I named her after I was informed of her death because she didn't have one....now she has 2 more baby girls..... How do I stop this crazy person? What is the point of taking these babies from her if she is just going to go get more and says she is rescuing just to dump them on me...

I know a woman like that. She would get a few rats and a few months later dump them. I adopted 3 boys from her (5 years back) and 2 weeks later she had 2 more. She contacted me and I took them. 2 months later she had 4 girls to give. I took those too. 2 years later she had gerbils and a hamster. I took those too. just recently she had 4 boys and 4 girls. I couldn't take any more. But she's never going to learn. She's been doing this for 7 years and will probably never stop. I actually seen one of her ads looking for a certain color of rat. I wrote her and said she should stop "collecting" certain colors.

It's sad I don't know why some people do this!

I confronted her today and she swears she never fed any rats to it and that she was feeding frozen thawed and it stopped eating so she got rid of it and the other 4 she has one is her boyfriends and the others are a friends....

Back