I think Dawson's testicle are swollen - Pics attached, help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claireybell2477

Something was 'off' about Dawson yesterday. You know the kind - a very vague sense that he wasn't quite right.

He was walking a little funny and later on, I observed he couldn't clean out his right ear with his back leg. He couldn't quite lift it.

It's very hot here in England at the moment we are having a heat wave, so that might explain why his testicles are huge in comparison with his 3 other brothers.

Dawson's urine is healthy. He is eating and drinking, but walking a bit funny. He has that look in his eye that he know's that I know something is wrong. Has he knocked them? No lumps in his belly or in his testicles. They are just swollen. Help!

The first two pics are of his brother's testicles, just to compare, and the last 3 are of Dawson. What do you think guys, is it vet time?

4D29EF77-4988-4F6C-AF6B-6F946522E1D7_zpsryh1a28x.jpg

17DA2B41-2EAA-49CB-B06F-1646B6C6AE3E_zps9683gik5.jpg

A4ABBA5F-63BF-47F1-A8C5-0135E407C822_zpsf0zuxllo.jpg

6189CB81-5AF5-48DF-995F-377C0FF9ACFC_zpsbskghind.jpg

0FB37C58-F73B-4EB9-A62D-ABC5F23D0428_zpshua8tsjl.jpg

Thank you Shelagh. He's showing no signs of distress when I massage them no. I'm thinking he might of hurt his little leg. But I just can't believe how big his balls are compared to all of this brothers. Not sure where to go from here. He's telling me something is wrong though. Something isn't right. Eating and drinking fine. He wont prop himself up on his back legs to eat though. I did the cherrio test, he's eating with one hand. The leg that he couldn't lift is the same hand he's got firmly on the floor when he eats. So maybe he's hurt his leg. No swelling his feet and he is getting about ok.

That boy has some really large balls LOL Rattageddon had some of the largest balls I seen on a rat, he was neutered so no more.

His testicles look normal to me, just big. If they were swollen, you would lose the delineation between the two and they would look puffy. They have normal looking contour.
It sounds like he may have hurt himself. I'd give him a couple of days to see if things resolve. Do you have any meloxicam you could give him?
(Just like the doctor would say, 'stay off it and take some antiinflammatories'.

Thanks guys, yeah he's a big boy! I'm relieved. He's looking to be back to his happy little self. I have some infant ibuprofen. How much is safe to give him. He's not a massive boy but he's not small either. He's just a tad overweight. How many mls would you guys recommend?

Back