possibility of transport ... Free "snake food babies "- Anyone able have room? NS NB

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
It may be possible to arrange transport for 8 baby girls and 4 baby boys (presently separated by sex) from Cape Breton NS
to Halifax, Moncton, Saint John and Fredericton NB .... they are advertised on kijiji as free snake food

if there are people able to offer good homes

If you think it is difficult to find good homes in your area, think how impossible it is in Cape Breton

Please let me know if you can help .... hoping to set something up very soon, before it is too late

Last edited:
Also arranging transport before it is too late for 4 young girls and 3 young boys (almost 4 months old & separated by sex) that are advertised as free snake food, if people in Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton, or Halifax can offer good homes.
There were 6 girls but 2 are now gone. :(

GONE - the day before they were scheduled to be picked up, the guy gave them away to someone else

RIP babies

Last edited:
Anyone ???

In the past few years, when there were large groups of rescue rats in need of having their lives saved, I was able to make arrangements with Mainely Rat Rescue for them to take the rats in to rehome.
They were able to do this because unlike here, they had foster homes and they adopt out to several east coast states which have huge populations. That means that unlike here in NB, Mainely Rat Rescue can actually find good homes to adopt pets rats

Unfortunately, Mainely Rat Recue has decided to no longer accept needy rats from New Brunswick, so we are now on our own

Please help save these babies if you can

Last edited:
:( ............... I spent weeks trying unsuccessfully to get someone to take the Dartmouth/Porter Lake mama and babies
and then trying to find transportation to me when people did not step forward.

Arrangements were made with the snake owner for all the rats to be picked up tomorrow
by a wonderful member of a pet dog transport group who agreed to drive for an hour to get them,
and then to be passed on to someone on kijiji rideshare who had agreed to transport them to me as I live in a different province ....

Finally they were going to be safe
The snake owner gave them away to someone today! :sad3:

RIP babies & mama, I am so sorry, I tried ...........

I am so sorry it wasn't good enough :sad3:

Last edited:
Cape Breton babies are still available ..... see above

as well as a daddy, mama, & their 5 babies in Cape Breton that another snake didn't eat

Back