Hi everyone

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinis89

Hey everyone, Nice to meet you all! My name's David, and I have 6 rats (3 male, 3 female). Look forward to speaking rats with you all! Let me know if you would like a picture of my rats, I've got plenty haha.

Hey everyone, Nice to meet you all! My name's David, and I have 6 rats (3 male, 3 female). Look forward to speaking rats with you all! Let me know if you would like a picture of my rats, I've got plenty haha.

Pictures are MANDATORY !!! LoL! :cheering:

So here's some pics. First one is our first 2 girls, Gidget and Widget. Sadly, Widget passed away from a respiratory infection. That very same day, we saw someone on Craiglists with 2 rats, Dotty and Pepper, that they were adopting out for a small fee. We picked them up and here's all 3, that very same day, they took to Gidget right away. All 3 of them are in the second pic (Dotty, then Pepper, then Gidget). One day when we went out to buy some Oxbow, we were just looking at the rats Petco had on display. The guy working mentioned they had a rat in the back that they couldn't sell because he's "deformed", and we could take him for free. We couldn't take just him to live alone, so we got one of the dumbos they had as well. That's how we ended up with Sprocket (Siamese boy with a bad paw) and Oreo (black and white dumbo). Our last boy, Chance, was a feeder rat for a snake our friend had that the snake refused to eat. He was a super little baby when we got him. And that's how we got all our rats.

GidgetandWidget.jpg

DottyPepperandGidget.jpg

Sprocket.jpg

Oreo.jpg

BabyChance.jpg

Hi and welcome! Your ratty family is lovely. :heart:
Have you considered neutering one of the sexes? I have three boys and three girls of my own and they all live together - the boys are neutered. :)
I think it makes for a nice colony. And easier to have just one cage to clean!

Back