Made my ratties cages "Geriatric Friendly"

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Rats

Well I finally did it yesterday ...I got all the ratties cages to one level as they are all in "retirement" age. Gee - I wish they all had some retirements FUNDS !:giggle:

It's a lot of vertical waste of space - but it's better than someone falling & getting hurt. They don't really seem to mind, as long as they have their food & fleece hammies they are good. Good side of it for me is that I only have one level to clean now. Maybe I'll hang some kinda decor from the top so it does not look so empty.

Awww we need pics! That's the good thing of having all the rats a similar age, you can adjust the cage. Right now, I only have one old manrat in the colony, and 3 other seniors and then a bunch of younguns so I really don't want to modify the cage unless it becomes totally necessary for Bastien. He's doing pretty good though with his HED...but then again, he'll be 3 in 4 days. :)

Awww - you know I LOVE Bastien, he's one of my faves !!!
You have to post pics if his 3rd B-Day celebration !:001:
WoW - 3 years old, how wonderful to have one get to that age - how blessed.

3 in 4 days ... I will be waiting for the pics!

It's nothing too fancy...a couple of comfy fleecie hammocks for when they want to sleep alone.
2nd pic : Luke in lower bunk - Matthew in upper one.

And since Luke is posing so well there in front of the cage ...look at that litle bump thing that has appeared over the past few days. It's very hard disk like feel with a little blister type looking thing that you can see pretty good. I just had a huge mammary tumor removed from the opposite side a few months ago -- this seems very different. I just knew things have been going too smoothly! :panic:

cages 005.jpg

cages 002.jpg

Back