Daffodil hanging out.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carabear

This little girl is getting so confident and I love it. She's quickly becoming my little buddy.
364836bd8a16af9bc7c97e50422e74e7.jpg

169777b0c8933ad21e6153d85db0c428.jpg

Her cage mate little Daisy is still taking longer to adjust and was a bit sneezey so after talking to my veterinarian we started her on antibiotics.

Last edited:
Try putting BOTH girls in your hoodie, and Daisy will come along much faster.
I have been socializing some babies by standing/sitting in front of their cage and picking them up and putting them on my shoulders and leaning against the cage so they can jump off. Then I pick them up again and put them on me again. After a while they will climb on me on their own, getting braver when nothing bad happens.

I have been putting them in my hoodie together. And she's coming around slowly. I don't think the fact that she's hard to medicate is helping but I know we'll get there eventually. On the bright side I noticed much less sneezing last night and this morning.

Here a picture of little daisy at medicine time this morning.
5fcbb35d77122c6a7f75fd2d7664dc13.jpg

What a doll face she is !!!
I say YUMMIE to the little bowl of goodies too.:woohoonaner:

Most of my ratties are pretty good about meds - I do have one that only wants to taste & then he doesn't want any more. I have all their meds strawberry flavored but guess you can't fool them all LoL!

The medicine is cherry flavored but she won't touch it and she won't touch food that contains it. Luckily we seem to have worked out a system that causes both of us the least amount of stress. :)

Back