R.I.P Sweet Price Tyrion

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SterlingRats0408

My sweet old boy Tyrion passed lastnight after a drawn out struggle with a PT.
He was officially diagnosed 2 weeks ago Monday. He was put on rounds of Bromo, Docy and Baytril as well as a weekly Dex shot and a last resort dextrose shot on Sunday. We had planned to pts on Sunday as he was mentally non-responsive. But the dextrose shot and subQ fluids seemed to do the trick.
He was hungry yesterday morning which is the steriod working. Then he lay down to sleep. He never snapped out of his post meal daze and around 9pm my fiance noticed he was laying oddly in his bed. So we snuggled him up and he had what we assumed to be a seizure or stroke in my hands and then passed. He is survived by his loving brother Boots who was ever by his side through the whole ordeal. Holding him up by his side to eat, grooming him and always sleeping next to (or on top of) him. When it was time Boots gave Tyrion one last kiss on his face and ears and sat with us while Tyrion passed.
On top of already having lost Doyle earlier in the day Tyrion's death was very difficult to handle as he was my first baby rescue from a feeder situation in November of 2013, shortly after losing my name sake and first heart rat Sterling! He chose me that day and I feel blessed to have gotten to share the short time we had! He was always so sweet and well behaved. He was a traveller and educator where I worked. When people thought they should fear rats Tyrion would help ease their fears and even changed some minds completely. Boots and Odin his cagemates and brothers (from another mother), continue his work of education! I will miss my sweet lil man! Rest well at the bridge. You finally get to meet the rat that changed both our worlds (Sterling) and can play with old friends and make new ones as you always did!
I'll miss giving you kisses every night and sneaking the extra good goodies for you!

493dc642244e0cac9d8e15470bd0ddf1.jpg

fcdde27c754ed41546aaa972afd3be62.jpg

38c9a5fe8819a87640e4fb7758327d8e.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. PT strikes suddenly, and it must be a shock to remember how different things were just three weeks ago.

Your Tyrion was very special, and I like your image of him greeting Sterling at the Bridge.

What a lovely boy he was. :heart: I'm glad he could spread goodwill for the rattie community - may that be his legacy. It's tough losing a rat to a PT; you see them fade away before your eyes. In a way it's easier to let them go though, because you can really see it's time. Safe journey to the Bridge Tyrion, give my love to all our babies that have gone before you.

:rose3: RIP Tyrion, you found a brave fight!

As I've been told before when wanting to give up when I felt I was losing the battle with my PT boys. The extra two weeks you gave him was months to him. I'm glad he was able to pass peacefully surrounded by his family. He was a beautiful boy and I'm sure Sterling was waiting to greet him at the bridge. That coconut picture is classic and I hope you can remember him that way.

Thanks all and yes DSPCH I want to remember that silly boy. I wasn't even going to take pictures of him through the PT battle but we had a special moment of snuggles the one day and I don't have many of him and I together like that so I gave in. But I do picture the cheeky silly boy when I think back.

What a beautiful rattie he was (and always will be); it's always hard to lose them, but so good to know he had a wonderful life with you. My condolences for your loss of him.

Back