2 siamese? and a PEW

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

Pretty sure I am destined to take in rats that I have to color coat haha cause I got another PEW in today and he came with 2 I think they are called siamese friends...the have dirty noses and are all white everywhere else. There are 2 neutered boys and girl...the girl has what I think is most like a mammary tumor and the pew boy has some small gashes on his neck and a almost healed one on his face...the siamese boy seems in good health and no wounds but the lady told me nothing about them..she said she rescued them from someone that was neglecting them and by the amount of rust on their cages and the amount of urine and feces I scrubbed out of it, I believe the neglect part but she couldn't tell em their ages or anything at all except she thinks the boys are from the humane society so I am gonna call them tomorrow and ask if they have any record of them so I can alteast possibly get an age on them though the vet will give me an estimate age when we go tomorrow.The lady wouldn't even come inside, she literally jumped out of her van and sat them down in the road and couldn't leave fast enough which I thought was kind of rude but maybe she was in a hurry.I tried to save their cage cause it was a good size and nice in it's former life but there is no way that I am gonna get all that rust off of there without a wire brush and alot of elbow grease. I tried to get pictures but these poor little guys are scared out of their minds so maybe when they warm up they will let me take pictures of their dirty noses :) I took these pictures before I dragged them out and put them in a new cage and gave them better food..Now I hope the smell clears from my nose soon cause I have never smelt a cage like that before!

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4223.jpg

Here is them in their new cage...cracks me up that in the old one they wouldn't leave each others side but now they have all gone to sleep on different levels :) and pretty girl with the dirty nose..Not sure what to name them yet...the name nina comes to mind with her though.Also grump pew boy in the corner hehe actually he put up the least fight when I was switching their cages..I think when he warms up he is gonna be 100% cuddle bug!

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

I have named the PEW boy Jack though even though he looks nothing like my late moose, when I look in his eyes I can see moose there and honestly I cry just trying to talk to him haha he is slowly warming up to me though he cowers when I go to pet him and it breaks my heart...Nina is the protector of these boys and she has attempted to bit me 3-4 times now. The other boy hasn't moved from the same spot he laid down in hours ago and wants nothing to do with me or treats...he will not be bribed and I have yet to think of a name for him.

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised when I got back from the store and was greeted by 3 noses at the door of the cage though that all changed once I opened it up but still a step forward as Alexander didn't move from the second level till just a bit ago and that was after I stood for what seemed like eternity (roughly 5 minutes) holding my travel water bottle for him to drink and obviously he was a thirsty boy hehe. Think that made him feel much better and once he started moving around then jack started feeling more comfortable moving about so now we are all mobile in the cage :)Alex loves his new chew toys that we got them today but I think all 3 will need their teeth trimmed as they all look a bit overgrown.We are gonna revo all 3 tonight and my husband is confident that it will go smoothly as have to weigh them so we can dose them haha I say we both end up looking like we got attacked by a cat but hopefully this will help the boys feel better cause they are scratching themselves raw which reminds that I have to throw a nail trim in there for them somewhere as well...Wish me luck!

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4272.jpg

Poor babies. It's odd that someone would pay to neuter them and then neglect them.

My initial thought is that they might be himi but either way they are adorable. I have a soft spot for PEWs.

Yea..I have stayed in contact with the lady that surrendered them but her story keeps changing..today she said that she got them and they were not very social and since they were older she didn't think they would ever warm up to her so she gave them to her friend who is the one that neglected them and when she saw how they were being treated she then took them back.But she won't tell me if she got them from the humane society which is were she said they were originally from or how long she had them before she gave them to her friend or how long her friend had them because based on that we could atleast attempt to estimate an age on them...So we just wait till next week and hopefully the vet can try to give us an estimate. She is the only exotic vet in the area so unless the humane societies vet did it then she might have been the one that did and maybe has a record of it.I don't know haha there are so many unanswered questions but I know that just comes with rescuing but it is frustrating. They are still scared of me but they are all taking treats from me without hesitation today and Alex isn't petrified anymore which is great.These guys are worse off than Hope was and it took me 2 months to gain her trust completely so this is gonna be a long road for these guys.I did alot of googling and I am pretty sure they are himi just with very faint points on their butts and paws.I definitely love my PEWs but can't tell them apart haha of course I will have no trouble telling Jack apart from the other because he is my only PEW that doesn't have balls :) Once sam and dean get bigger assuming dean ever catches up to sam in size then I will have to color coat their tails to know the difference. The twins (toby and shy guy) I really can't tell them apart about 95% of the time hehe they both answer to both names but I think they do it on purpose..the brats!

Last night I was able to weigh all 3 and treat them with revolution so hopefully that helps with all the scratching. Nina still tried to bite me as I was getting the boys out so the husband had to get her out for me...she doesn't bite him for some odd reason. Then after we treated them he hung out on the couch with them and made sure no one messed with anyone else spot until they dried :) Today is cage cleaning day so we will see how me and nina fair together cause dad is at work.

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4301.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

Back