Group Intros/Peanut has a harem

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

So we just jumped right in and started intros with all our single boys (Tucker, Wally, and Stewart) along with Peanut and Lovee (who lost their cage mates on Tuesday) and we tossed in the three girls.

Peanut loves Bristol

Eldora would like her share of Peanut too... Our smallest
and our biggest....

Sonoma does not want to be left out (Eldora is on the bottom)

Peanut and the girls have only meet twice, but I'm pretty confident they could live together at this point. They spent about 2 hours together last night - the last hour unsupervised for the most part. Stewart didn't do so well so he will need work. Lovee got stressed after awhile and bit both nakies - not hard, but left teeth marks - no blood. Progress is being made. Stewart might need a neuter. The best news is the intros get Peanut walking around...

Last edited:
OMG how much of a stud is that Peanut! I love him! I used to have a squidgy softie that the girls loved, the boys too. He's a very special boy. That picture of Bristol and Peanut together with their backs to us is just precious. It made me laugh. They are all going to be so happy together. I hope Lovee comes round soon! Bring on the bliss :)

Aww, Dspch, thank you so much for alerting me to this post!

My nephew Peanut is just such a ladies' man...you can tell the girls all want to be his valentine! :lovestruck:

It was so nice to see current pictures of our beautiful handsome Peanut, with his new girlfriends and Peanut looks so huggable and kissable, as always...those pictures with his soft pink footie dragging behind him, wow, it reminds me so much of my Achilles.

So happy to see Peanut enjoying the social hour with the ladies, and you are right, he gets some exercise that way! I hope he is enjoying the girls as much as they seem to be enjoying him? Give him big smooches from me!! :heart:

I've tried to post updates before, but my internet always crashes as I'm about to hit transmit. So, we've had a few more days of intros. Lovee hasn't always had good days when it comes to the nakies - he likes to bite them! Not where he breaks skin, but some times he will butt bite as they walk by, or put is teeth on their ears w/no bite, or pull the skin on their sides. He is now learning what a time out cage is. Lovee also has had tussles with Stewart. Stewart is still scared to death of other rats except the girls and Peanut he checks out occassionally. http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32549 Wally and Tucker still are not bonding like brothers should and Wally had bitten Tucker once again... I think with the weather being so nice here I with scrub down all the cages and put Peanut, Lovee, and the girls together with the hope of getting Wally, Tucker, and Stewart in there at a later date.
Eldora, Sonona, Peanut, Lovee, & Wally (from 4/10/15)

Wally, Lovee, & Peanut

Sonoma or Eldora (??)

Bristol, Peanut, Wally, & Lovee

Eldora, Lovee, Peanut, & Wally

Bristol (from 4/12/15)

Wally & Tucker (Bite on Tucker was from Wally)

Wally

Sonoma, Eldora, Bristol, & Peanut Peanut says "girls make nice pillows"

Bristol & Peanut

Last edited:
Heck -- I love Peanut !!! What a hunka rat man he is!

And a handsome one too !!! He is on my "would like to steal" list - LOL... of course I would not do it - but I might.

So a stupid question.... :rolleyes2: he is not neutred is he? I have never seen a neuterd rat before but he looks to have some junk there. I know the girls are fixed.

Heck -- I love Peanut !!! What a hunka rat man he is!

And a handsome one too !!! He is on my "would like to steal" list - LOL... of course I would not do it - but I might.

So a stupid question.... :rolleyes2: he is not neutred is he? I have never seen a neuterd rat before but he looks to have some junk there. I know the girls are fixed.
He sure does! Peanut and Lovee were lucky enough to keep the gonads. Wally & Tucker are neutered. Stewart still has them but its questionable if he'll keep them.

That Wally is a handsome naked doll !!! His name just fits him perfectly.:love7: If I were a girlie rat I would have a hard time choosing between Peanut & Wally. I would just have to have 2 boyfriends!

That Wally is a handsome naked doll !!! His name just fits him perfectly.:love7: If I were a girlie rat I would have a hard time choosing between Peanut & Wally. I would just have to have 2 boyfriends!
Hey, his brother Tucker is one handsome dude too! Just wish they would get long. Tucker used to terriorize Wally so I split them up until Tuck could get his snip snip. When we went to put them back together Wally wanted nothing to do with him and became the attacker! So Wally got a snip snip. Wally is still holding a grudge..

Peanut, Lovee and the girls moved in together on Sunday. I originally was going to put them into a DCN, but decided to keep them in a single CN. I was afraid Peanut would get left in the bottom (he's a bit weight handicapped) and the others would go up top therefore, defeating the purpose of giving him friends. I also rearranged cages so he now see us whenever we're up and walking around. Hopefully everyone will start cuddling .... the girls are food stealers...

Sounds like a great set up for Peanut and his new girlfriends!

Enjoy yourself, Peanut, you deserve it! Soak up those girl cuddles! :hug4:

Peanut has been put on a diet by the girls - mostly Bristol since she steals all the food and relocates it. So he either grabs what he wants and fights her off or its oxbow for the nut man.... I think he's giving me the "Mom, they can go back in their own cage now look" "I like playing with them, but they cannot stay"

Aww, ha ha, I completely understand the look Peanut must be giving you and it makes total sense when you look at it from Peanut's point of view..."Mom, the girls are great to hang out with and they can visit and all, but...then they need to leave and not eat here." :lol:

Poor Peanut! He is thinking, "HEY, those num nums are MINES!"

Back