Noodles! (and other things)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanya

Rat Enthusiast
So the noodle thing always confused me. So can they or can they not have dry noodles? What nuts can they have?(Besides peanuts, as I'm deathly allergic) Coconut okay? Dried fruit? What beans? I always appreciate you guys' insight. I always see mixed reviews about the above things and I've read so many lists! Thanks! :help2:

Mine all love cooked noodles! I have never offered dry before.
None of mine really care for fruit, except for banans.
I think almonds are good for them.

Like the spinach/veggie noodles or regular noodles? Mine go crrrraaazzzyyy for bananas! It's their favorite. I'll have to get them some almonds then

Nuts: walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, monkey nuts, hazelnuts, etc. Avoid almonds just in case as I've seen several sites that warn against them. Nuts should be unsalted. They're also very high in fat so feed sparingly.
Fruits: apples, strawberries, papaya, pears, bananas, cherries (pit removed), plums, peaches, blueberries (can prevent cancer), raspberries, blackberries, grapes, etc. Males can't have citrus, but it's ok for females. Mine have all had weird fruits like mango and carambola, and they just love it.
Beans: green beans, garbanzo beans, etc. Make sure they're cooked and don't feed too much; they cause gas that rats struggle to expel.
Coconut and veggie noodles are fine.
I hope that helps! Let me know if you need more info

As a general rule of thumb, I only give my girls things I would eat myself... Which is why I don't give them store-bought yogies. I tried a couple of different kinds, and it seemed like they were just flavored wax.

I do give them uncooked pasta noodles of different types--I've never read that they were a problem. Like any treat, though, they should probably be offered in moderation!

Nuts: walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, monkey nuts, hazelnuts, etc. Avoid almonds just in case as I've seen several sites that warn against them. Nuts should be unsalted. They're also very high in fat so feed sparingly.
Fruits: apples, strawberries, papaya, pears, bananas, cherries (pit removed), plums, peaches, blueberries (can prevent cancer), raspberries, blackberries, grapes, etc. Males can't have citrus, but it's ok for females. Mine have all had weird fruits like mango and carambola, and they just love it.
Beans: green beans, garbanzo beans, etc. Make sure they're cooked and don't feed too much; they cause gas that rats struggle to expel.
Coconut and veggie noodles are fine.
I hope that helps! Let me know if you need more info
Brazilian nuts are toxic to rats

http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29070

Back