All Living Things Small Animal Home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dell126

I picked this up for my girls a couple of days ago as three of them were cramped in a Petco Rat Manor. There is so much room I don't even know how to start decorating!! lol :joy:
o6fqea.jpg

dw5tlf.jpg

2nlfg2a.jpg

2e2ghzr.jpg

Does anyone else have this cage and wants to show me what they did with it?

Nice cage! They will love all the extra room. You can:
-add extra hammocks
-get a hide/hut
-cut a section of 4" drainage pipe (about a foot long is good) and use the preexisting holes to zip tie it to the side or roof of the cage - make sure you can access it in case you need to retrieve a rat.
-get some (plastic) chain and hang a roll of toilet paper where they can reach it. Or put a full box of Kleenex in the cage.
-hang a exercise ball so they can sleep in it.
Etc... Have fun!

I have that cage as well. Thats the one the SPCA gave me as a gift for all the rescues I have helped them with. It is a large tall space to decorate.
Only negative I have is the base seems a bit flimsy and the legs that stem to the wheels aren't super stable. We had to reinforce them with wood blocks.
The base hasn't given me any problems yet (cracks, giving out) just always feel I have to be delicate with it.

As far as decorations I have added hammocks (3), 2 basket houses similar to what you have there, a spudnik, hanging toys and bird ropes. Added an extra half ledge we made from plexiglass wrapped in fleece. A second water bottle, and a hidey on the bottom (igloo style).
Some baby rings and a rope latter across it to add more climbing options.
Its not a bad cage, big doors, large side doors for easy deco and cleaning access, wire spacing allows for smaller babies.

The skies the limit.
Sometimes I will hang a Kleenex box or tp roll at watch them decorate!

Back