Rearranged the ratty cages

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

So been wanting to do it for awhile but just haven't found the time but today I got conformation that we will be taking in a momma and 6 babies on the 1st all babies are weaned but there are 2 boys, one of which has been separated from everyone because I guess at 6 weeks old he is mean though she said one of her friends tried to feed it to a snake... anyway I went ahead and ordered an addon for the boys SCN and got all my recovery cages washed up and folded down. I am going to regret it tomorrow but I like this setup much better than the old one.

IMG_3583.jpg

We got the addon put on today so Harry and Schnitzel are in that now leaving their cage empty for future residents :) I also found out that the babies are not 6 weeks old which was an assumption on my part because of the time line I was given since they were weaned..they are actually just now 5 weeks old and were weaned at 3 1/2 weeks old :( and also we are just getting the 2 boys so I am hoping the rat manor will be ok for them until they are bigger and then I will upgrade them as they grow. I am thinking of closing up the top part until they are used to climbing and learning their limits cause they have only been in a tank so all the space might be a bit overwhelming for them at first as well.

Those add-ons are great, eh?
I would let the babies have full run of their cage. They are naturally agile at that age and will have no problem climbing all over the place. It's actually worse for a full grown rat - they tend to be a klutz for a while because they are heavy and their muscles are weak.
So how are you making out with that vicious five week old baby? :giggle:

Still scared of his own shadow :) he has yet to intentionally bite me and I say it like that because he has mistaken my finger for food a couple of times haha.he is a sick little man though so vet visits are in his future.

Back