New little lady is Pregnant :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raticus

so recently we added a new lady named mouse to our rat family c: shes very sweet except there are some little tussles with her and rhoda. well tonight everything was going great until the end of the night were her and rhoda got into a little fight and now shes bloody in the lower section... shes always not liked it when the girls would try to smell down there or anything and shed squeak if they tried. it also always looked like there was dried something down there but never actually wet with blood... ideas:? help:? :(
image8-343.jpg

image9-344.jpg

It is possible that was bitten there, I have seen that happen. It can also be numerous other things. They can get infections that cause bleeding, they can get tumors that cause bleeding and other things. I would watch her the next day siince most vets are not open and see if she bleeds more. If she does she needs a vet.

its cleaned up now and its from a bite around there. is there anything i should do to help her?

yes i did do intros which werent too hot at first but finally everyone was starting to get along.. so i was letting everyone play together and then the little tussle happened -_- and ill be sure to keep an eye on it! i spaz when i see blood o.0

Oh so they don't live together? I just recently had this problem. Lilspaz recommended to keep intros short and frequent instead of a longer play time. It worked for me. :)

Oh so they don't live together? I just recently had this problem. Lilspaz recommended to keep intros short and frequent instead of a longer play time. It worked for me. :)

no they don't live with eachother yet;3 everyone gets along except mouse and rhoda. how long should I wait until actually letting them live with eachother?

today once again rhoda went after her... :I so im putting off any more intros and going back to them just living next to eachother.. but now my concern is if she needs to see a vet this time.. it isnt looking all too pretty...
image8-347.jpg

image9-348.jpg

imagf0-349.jpg

sorry some of the pictures are upside down, ill try to get better ones.

Oh, your poor girl!
I would recommend a visit to the vet - she needs to be sedated so that the area can be thoroughly cleaned and checked to make sure everything is still intact (urethra, vagina, anus).

Oh, your poor girl!
I would recommend a visit to the vet - she needs to be sedated so that the area can be thoroughly cleaned and checked to make sure everything is still intact (urethra, vagina, anus).

I'll call the vet tomorrow and see if I can take her after school:) poor lady, she's still just the sweetest thing that wants to fall asleep on your shoulder:)

not sure how that all went.. the vet gave us multiple types of medicine to give her.. but she wasn't sure it would fix anything and is afraid that she can't pee. and then after that she said if that's the case that she can then she wouldn't be able to do surgery because she is too small and that the best thing then would be putting her to sleep.. but I think I rather search for a vet who is willing to try the surgery. she also said that she was afraid because her parts didn't look normal and so on.. so not too sure how well this went.. just hoping the meds help

That just doesn't sound right to me that the vet won't even try to fix it....I would definitely get a second opinion if you can. Poor girl! Sending lots of good healing vibes your way!

Well you can't go very long without urinating, so if she seems OK, you may be out of the woods. I am assuming she is in her own cage. Have you checked for pee spots?

I've been looking around to see if there are any other exotic vets around. but I haven't had much luck finding any. :/ and she is by herself but if she has peed at all it dried up before I could see it :|

Back