Bass pans for FN/CN

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

Ok so today we got our bass pans for our DCN thanks to my hubby :) he also bought us 4 new water bottles that are the kind I wanted cause the new boys have one and it doesn't leak! they were a bit expensive at 13 bucks a piece! anyway...back to what I was asking haha so the pans are metal and all the ones I have seen in pictures are painted. My question is, do I have to paint them? Is that part of them not rusting and becoming yucky or do people just do it for looks? :)

I'm interested to know the answer to this as well. I just got my bass pan and if I need to paint it it'd be nice to know. it would also look pretty. If it should he painted what kind of paint should I use?

Yes, if you don't seal them with rustoleum they will corrode as urine eats into the metal. :( That's the main reason I never bought any; it takes weeks for the rustoleum to cure properly.

A quick side note, for my CN, instead of buying bass pans (because I don't have a budget for it right now :( ) I made pans out of coroplast. They're light, slightly flexible since they're made of plastic, which I think makes them easier to take in and out of the cage, and super easy to clean and wipe down. I decorated the outside with purple zebra duct tape because I thought it was fun ;)

cage.jpg

I can't find any place local that has it....So I am stuck with the pans...anything I have found online for it is in bulk so it is more expensive than the pans.

I will have to find that section myself as I have asked at the lowe's and got told they didn't have it but the people who work there aren't the brightest crayons in the box if you know what I mean lol. Tomorrow I will go back on the hunt cause I still need it for the boys DCN.

Back