Introduction

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy2014

Hi, my name is Alison and I live in Brantford.
We had a beautiful rat named Remy who we took in when his previous owner couldn't keep him. Remy was about 6-8 weeks when we got him. Two nights ago we found him dead in his cage. We are devastated, and miss him terribly. He seemed healthy, he had his dinner about two hours before we found him dead. He was amazing, sociable, loved cuddling, giving kisses and playing. He was a feeder rat and what a great boy he was.
We would like to have another one or maybe a bonded pair(boys) but I don't know where I should get one from and what type. Tempermant is my only want, I don't care about coloring, I am hoping I can be lucky and get a sociable one. Remy was my only experience with rats.
I am very open to rescue and prefer it. I have been told I'm best to get a 1-3 mnth old. Anyone have advice or know of any in need? We have a lot of love to give one.
Alison
RIP Remy.

The Toronto SPCA has a lot of rats right now, if you want to go for a little drive. Other than that like ive said lilspaz might be able to help find someone closer. Brantford rarely has rats at the spca.

:welcome4:

I'm all for rescues! And more mature rats can be just as loveable though people to prefer younger for the mere fact you can bond better and you have a longer time with them.
Goodluck!

Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss. And it's great that you are looking for more. You really should get two rats as they are very social and really do need a companion.

Hi! Welcome to the Shack. I'm sorry to hear your boy Remy died suddenly. I'm glad you are interested in giving another rat a home. There are so many rats out there that need a loving forever home. Rats are very social so it is best to get at least two. Check at the SPCAs - sometimes they have been waiting a long time. You can also check on Kijiji, but be careful as some people lie outright about their rat's age, temperament, pregnancy status, etc. Lilspaz is in the GTA and may know of some rats that need rehoming. Good luck! I hope to see a post here soon with your new ratties! :)

Back