We Upgraded the Girls' cage

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cptjack526

So we upgraded the girls' cage so that they can have a lot more room to play. They are loving their new cage. The girls have the two triple critter nations and the boys have the double critter nation that is on the left. We have since moved the boys' cage to my son's room.
30mwmyr.jpg

33cyhcz.jpg

The boys have a double critter nation. That cage has been moved to my son's room to avoid issues. The girls have the double triple critter nations. There are 10 girls in total in the huge cage.

Awesome! I want to live there haha!

How do the CNs connect to each other horizontally? Or do you have to do something special to keep them from separating? I was thinking of getting a second DCN for my boys and attaching them that way.

Awesome! I want to live there haha!

How do the CNs connect to each other horizontally? Or do you have to do something special to keep them from separating? I was thinking of getting a second DCN for my boys and attaching them that way.

We used zip ties to secure the cages together.

So I will be cleaning the cage out tonight. Wondering how long it will take to clean this huge cage lol.

Takes me a good hour and a half to two hours just to clean one double haha I would be cleaning your set up all day :)

So it took Noka and I 4 hours to clean the cages. That's a crazy long time but we were watching a marathon of American Idol while we cleaned and the ratties were very happy with their new cage. We also took this time to give everyone a thorough check up to make sure they had no growths and sounded clear.

That is about how long it takes me to clean all my cages (5) haha but the critter nations take up most of the time..the smaller ones with the tub bases get tossed in the shower and scrubbed down.Which is something I do every 3-4 days depending on how well the rats choose to use their litter boxes and choose to not pee all down the sides of the cages...Boys are the cleanest by far believe it or not :) Desperately need deeper and better fitted pans for the girls.

Back