Emergency - 2 ill rats no vet care but being rehomed - Moncton NB

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
kijiji ad

- may just be allergies or a reaction to smoke, bedding, strong odors like perfume

- or could be a myco flkareup (or lung damage) if they have been ill for awhile,
if it was one of the terminal diseases they would likely be already dead

- maybe donations could be made to a local vet so they can get care and /on condition that someone on here could then take them

- Hopefully the person will come on here, post pics etc and maybe we can help?

Note: If SPCA were willing to take them in, they will kill them (likely inhumanely) or let them suffer and die struggling to breath

==============================

One is 1 year, all brown dumbo, other one brown an white 1 year old both rats have upper respiratory problems,
it has gotten worse sence we got a cat....
we have them up high in cage so they won't see the cat..
I love them so much an don't want to get rid of them. they r my baby's.
They r so friendly ,
I can't afford to take them to vet, so if you think you can help these dear little things please call (506) 384-5195..
I have cage for 20 dollars.

Last edited:
The kijiji ad says their email isn't working and so people need to phone them.
I phoned and left a message asking them to come on this site so perhaps people can help

Someone else may want to phone as well.

Anyone in NB or NS able to take these 2?
Sounds like they will die otherwise ..... :(

Would need the area code to call since they've not listed it. Maybe you can mention about one of those Oreck Air Purifiers or Hepa Filters that can help with the allergies and breathing problems. I also find that Pau D'arco or Goji Berry extract can help rats with breathing problems.

I also sent a reply with this info to their ad, hopefully they get the e-mail.

For those contacting the NB SPCA about these people,
the address in another of their ads is 82 Regina Street, Moncton, NB E1C 7G2

and the area code for all of NB is 506

These people do not care about these ratties and just want them gone
Since they want $20 for the cage, they are likely in a tiny hamster cage

Last edited:
ad is gone but rats are still in need as far as I know.
Please PHONE 506 384 5195 ..... Hoping Someone in the Maritimes will Save their Lives

.......... I can't as I have no transportation, live several hours away in another part of the province,
rent a room (& could become homeless at any time), and struggle to provide care to the 9 rescues I currently have

It's been quite a while! They don't seem to be too ill. Few sniffles, scabs on their shoulder. Not sure if it's mites or just overgrooming but they'll be fine in no time.

I am sure that they will be, now that they are with you :)

btw, woman may have been nice but the email correspondence from the man had me very concerned ... so happy you have them. Looking forward to lots of pics :)

IMG_20150306_130002.jpg

Hopefully the pic will work. That's Stella, don't have many pictures of the other one. She's much more timid.

Back