My "almost" oldie has a bunch of small tumors

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnieflower

One of my older rats Loki has four tiny tumors. She was seen by a vet and she told me she doesn't think their abscess's, just typical benign mammory tumors. Most of my rats tumors start growing quickly and its noticeable. Hers are as small as a pea and none of them have grown even slightly for months. Is this normal? They have not changed and I don't think their abscess's. If anyone has had this type of thing could you share what usually happens? Is it likely that they will stay this small?

One of my older rats Loki has four tiny tumors. She was seen by a vet and she told me she doesn't think their abscess's, just typical benign mammory tumors. Most of my rats tumors start growing quickly and its noticeable. Hers are as small as a pea and none of them have grown even slightly for months. Is this normal? They have not changed and I don't think their abscess's. If anyone has had this type of thing could you share what usually happens? Is it likely that they will stay this small?

How old is she? Where are all the seedling tumours located? How long has she had them and they haven't grown?

How old is she? Where are all the seedling tumours located? How long has she had them and they haven't grown?

I'll have to look up her exact birthday but shes about to hit 2. She has one on the inside of her thigh, one on the outside of her thigh and two under her arm. I noticed them about 3 months ago and they're still the exact same size.

I actually did some searching to find her birthday I wrote down. She is actually only 1 year and 7 months. If these start to grow fast, is she too old for surgery? She has no respiratory problems and never has. I think she may be able to handle it

I actually did some searching to find her birthday I wrote down. She is actually only 1 year and 7 months. If these start to grow fast, is she too old for surgery? She has no respiratory problems and never has. I think she may be able to handle it

Its a good age for surgery :) I consider this middle aged and its when these dang tumours show up :) Because there are so many it could cost more than one bigger tumour though, so be prepared.

If they do start to grow, you can try the holistic stuff. I've had success (and currently am having) in keeping tumors small and/or shrinking them with water-softened goji berries crushed down and mixed with probiotic yogurt, flax seed oil, pau 'darco, shark cartilage, and coriollus versicolor mushroom powder (all from health food supply stores). IF you do choose to do a surgery, stop this mix two weeks prior, because the shark cartilage is a natural blood thinner. Some people have seen success with this mix, some don't; it depends upon the individual rat and the type of tumor, as well as how their body corresponds to it; but I've always seen at least some slowing down of the growth, if not outright shrinkage. Just something to consider.

Back