Rats and mice.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caeser

i was wondering if mice and rats can get the same illness, im taking in 2 mice in 4 weeks. Also if they can get the same illness that means i should quarantine them for 2 weeks in different airflow. im not putting them together in the same cage just in the same room eventually.

i was wondering if mice and rats can get the same illness, im taking in 2 mice in 4 weeks. Also if they can get the same illness that means i should quarantine them for 2 weeks in different airflow. im not putting them together in the same cage just in the same room eventually.

Sendai can affect rats, hamsters, mice and possibly guineapigs

and if they are in the same room be very careful
Rats see mice (and other small animals) as prey and will kill them if they can get anywhere near them
I know of a case where a rat was able to grab a hamster through cage bars ... the rat ripped the hamster apart

Okay ill keep them in my garage (heated) for a different airflow for 2 weeks, and yea im going to be putting them in the same room but they will be on a different shelf. Thanks for the help guys!

Mice are escape artists. Took us 3 weeks to catch one we lost LOL. Make sure thier cage is secure and if their door can be opened easily, use a clip to keep it shut.

Okay yea ive been looking at my cage and there are spots they will get out, anything better than chicken wire? because its cut me acouple of time on my rats cage

and make sure it is completely impossible for rats or mice to get out .... and make sure it is absolutely impossible for them to get anywhere near one another's cages if they do get out.
Personally, I would not allow them into the same room ... I've heard too much :(

as for wire, I used extremely sturdy baking cooling racks

We use bin cages for our mice now. They cannot get out of them. WE have two different sizes a very large long one and the typical tote sizes. These are the 3 of them.

image.jpg

Back