Happy 3rd Birthday Simon Peter

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
:balloons3: Happy 3rd Birthday :balloons3:
..........Simon Peter

.......................................................... :b-dayrat:

Simon is three years old today :) ..... unfortunately he is the sole survivor of his family, his siblings (Storm, Eben, Gideon, & Joel) have pasted away as have his parents (Easter & Seth)

His story starts here: http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22725

Simon Peter enjoying peas today for his 3rd birthday

Simon with his friend Elvira ( El is approx. 2.5 yrs)

and continuing the celebration back home in the cage ....

Last edited:
How WONDERFUL -- Simon Peter -- :001:
HAPPY 3RD B-DAY !!!!

He looks SO adorable and happy with his peas !!!
What a milestone for you and your rattie !

:balloons: Simon Peter! You are a survivor. Worth hanging in, to get birthday peas.

That is such a big milestone for you, too, SQ -- your first three year old rat!

Oh my, what a big, handsome squish you have there! It looks like he is having a great time with his birthday peas. :)
Congrats on hitting the big 0-3 Simon Peter!

Nothing like sharing some frozen/thawed wild NB blueberries with a few friends on your birthday, eh Simon Peter!

Psalty, Serenity Dawn, Simon Peter, Elvira, Dexter and in the back: Sam and River

Serenity, Psalty, Simon, Dexter and Elvira in the back

Psalty Snoopy and Simon enjoying blueberries

Serenity Sam River and Simon

Serenity River and Simon

Last edited:
and a few more pictures from Simon Peter's birthday party

Serenity Dawn grooming herself on the castle

Dexter eating

and the new (2nd hand) tree toy is a hit with the younger crew (Serenity, Snoopy, & Sam)

Last edited:
The newly constructed wheel chair for Simon wasn't a hit .....
............. Simon wasn't sure what to do with it until Snoopy Sam and Summer showed him that it tastes pretty good and must be for chewing .....

at least Simon enjoyed eating some Kleenex left over from the wheelchair construction .....
Simon says that Kleenex tastes good with a bit of blueberry juice but Sam wasn't
convinced. Sam likes his blueberries plain.

Unfortunately Simon has an enlarged heart, congestive heart failure, has advanced hed with paralysis, his penis is inverted, and he is obese -
Simon Peter was a big boy but sweetener in daily meds since last summer have added more and more weight especially since his mobility has decreased.
His meds control the symptoms from his heart disease.
Simon's quality of life has greatly decreased in the last 2 months :(
but as you can see in the pictures, Simon still has a spark in his eyes and is a happy boy.
..... so we are taking it one day at a time ....

Last edited:
What an awesome party he had!

Oh my GOSH -- they ATE his wheel chair LOL! That is hysterical! --:eatcake:

Sorry Simon Peter, but I am sure you did not mind.:giggle:
Loved the 3 day old pics too....my how time flies. What a handsome group of party rats you have SQ!

Oh my GOSH -- they ATE his wheel chair LOL! That is hysterical! --:eatcake:

..... well, only (some of) the Kleenex box wheel chair body that I had cable tied onto the plastic flat body and wheels of a toy car I took apart ....
after all my hard work I rescued what was left of the wheel chair ... Simon enjoyed chewing it too :sad4:

Anyone with experience or suggestions re wheel chairs for elderly ratties?

I think the wheel chair idea is great -- I too would be interested on how to make one that is chew proof. At least he got to chew on it too!

Back