Dawrf Rat Pictures! Todd and Reginald

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caeser

Todd is the full black one, and Reginald is the one with white paws and stomach.

y5muMUH.jpg

80bSsPm.jpg

jMA0Jie.jpg

p9BrOMs.jpg

wcsAk3S.jpg

fUCcFAY.jpg

Reg is way bigger than todd but todd always takes reg down, They wrestle a lot!

Last edited:
Thank you! might get a picture beside a pop can so you can see the size a bit better

They are almost 2 months old now, there not young there dwarf rats witch are 1/3 the size of regular rats, the have a mutation called dwarfism, common to the one in humans

They're so cute! I think one of my rescue's has a type of dwarfism, because she's half the size of her cage mate and she should be full size by now. Can't wait to see more pics :)

No i haven't, but i bought them knowing there dwarfs,
Here is a chart explaining the chances when breeding if you guys know what the parents of your rats are zayna and sterling.

Breeding%20Dwarf%20Rats%20Chart.jpg

i have no idea how accurate this is because i myself have never breed rats.

This is the picture beside a pop can, there hard to hold so its kind of a sketchy picture but it gives you kind of an idea.

Todd
wlmJhvr.jpg

Reginald
tNwvSwK.jpg

They look like average sized 6-8 week olds, which is a good thing since dwarfs tend to be more skittish and may be more prone to health issues.

I am finding that dwarfs should be when full-grown 115 grams to about 165 grams for bigger males. Or to put it simply, the length of a hamster, which your boys already are. Do not be surprised if your dwarf boys grow up to be big fine standard rats :p

This adult male dwarf is 92 grams, compared to his companion on the right at 500 grams

dwarfvsregular.jpg

Last edited:
I think they're definitely standard rats. I have a 9 month girl that supposably isn't a dwarf that is as small as them. I also have 7 week babies the same size. They're really adorable though :)

hmmmmm.... im not sure of the weight yet i have to get a scale, you really think there that big?

If they were like 6 months old I would believe they were dwarfs. But since they're less than two months... they just look like young rats to me. I guess time will tell though. X3
(BTW how would a breeder even 100% know a rat is dwarf when they are that young?)
They are cute though, I LOVE black rats !!

It because she has two gene's, and by the size of the rest of the rats in her litter. We are closer to 3 months 11 weeks.

My 6 week old dwarf
10933959_1540179506250724_6190659843470548130_n.jpg

Here 6 week old merle
10945600_1540179319584076_4995031944569466385_n.jpg

And no i have a huge cage the space wasent an issue i just really think there cute. the only thing i would be mad at about if they do end up being regula rats is the fact that i payed a bit more. Other than that i still love them ahah

Here 6 week old merle

And no i have a huge cage the space wasent an issue i just really think there cute. the only thing i would be mad at about if they do end up being regula rats is the fact that i payed a bit more. Other than that i still love them ahah

First off that "6 week old merle" is NOT 6 weeks old.

Second of all that's why you should never trust a backyard breeder. Genetics is waaaaaaay more complicated than assuming the parents are carriers. I won't get into it because a lot of it is over my head but I doubt your breeder has studied genetics and inheritance for any length of time.
http://www.ratshackforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

It because she has two gene's, and by the size of the rest of the rats in her litter. We are closer to 3 months 11 weeks.

My 6 week old dwarf
10933959_1540179506250724_6190659843470548130_n.jpg

Here 6 week old merle
10945600_1540179319584076_4995031944569466385_n.jpg

I see, I'm glad you can still provide a good home for these guys if they end up standard.(which I really think they will) Thay merle is definitely not 6 weeks old. Either the BYB really doesn't keep track of the rats ages or they ripped you off for some extra cash.

Back