They're depressed

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Peanut and Axe are so depressed - its so sad...... They got to say good-bye, we take cage mates with when our boys make that final journey.. They got to see that Throttle was no longer with us... Usually our boys are fine after they have this time. These two are so sad..... They are refusing to eat.... Peanut is refusing to eat - Peanut our 1104g coconut refused a yogie, banana cookie, and a walnut.... Axe took the treats, but he didn't eat them - just put them in his sleeping area.... Axe did take a few licks of baby food..... My poor sad boys they miss their buddy.... :cuddle:

That is so sad. Maybe take them out of their cage & have some snuggle time with them.
Wishing them & you a quick recovery from the passing of your sweetie. I hate the hurting.
:rose3:

Poor little men. :(
Give them some extra snuggles and attention. If we feel sad, then why shouldn't they feel sad too? I'm sure they will come around in a while.

Poor little guys. Sending healing vibes their way soon - I'm sure they'll be back to their happy little selves in a few days. I was once left with two boys and one of them passed away in the night. They were incredibly bonded and I was amazed at how George dealth with it. I'd never seen a rat grieve like that before. He didn't leave the spot where Timone had passed away for a couple of days. It really hit home to me.

Oh I know and it's so heartbreaking. My Tachee lost her sister in December and she's jus now coming back to her old self. Even though she has 11 other buddies, the loss of Seraphine was massive, to me as well. And it just warms my heart to see Tachee finally coming around.

They hung out and watched the super bowl - Axe scares the poop out of me!! He is all skin and bones now - I swear I can move his bones around and he has such a barrel chest now. Anyway, he is fearless and thinks he can fly - have to watch him every second or we wants to leap from chair to couch. He wanted to spend most of his time laying on the couch - in the last spot the three of them were hanging out on. Guess, he smelled Throttle there. Peanut got brushed which I think he enjoyed. While they were laying together with me, Peanut was cleaning Axe's tail - it was the cutest thing. He was sucking on it, kind of like a piece of spaghetti, - maybe he thought it was food. Axe's has a VERY clean, about an inch, tip of his tail.....

I feel so bad for them - but I think they will get a little better each day.

Half time w/ Katy Perry did not perk them up?

Back