Happy Birthday Boys! photos added

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

We had a couple birthdays this week

:b-day4: HaPpY 1st BiRtHdAy :b-day4:
Birney, Yoda, Sneezer, Streaker, and Newton
January 21, 2015

:b-string:​

:b-gift: HaPpY 2nd BiRtHdAy :b-gift:
Peanut....
January 23, 2015

We officially celebrated

:happyb-day: HaPpY 2nd BiRtHdAy :happyb-day:
Axe and Throttle
December 20, 2014

:hurray: HaPpY 1st BiRtHdAy :hurray:
Tucker and Wally
November 7, 2014

:b-day2: HaPpY 1st BiRtHdAy :b-day2:
Clark....

Will try to post pictures later.

Oh my goodness, birthdays galore! Happy Birthdays for everyone!! :hurray: :banana::cookie1:

What fun your boys looked like they were having and what wonderful ratty sized individual banana birthday "cakes" they all got, that is so great! (replacing oil with applesauce, that is genius AND healthy... and more humans should do that for their own muffins!)

Your babies looked so adorable with those cute little muffins in their mouths. I can just see them all saying, "SCORE!"

And our sweet Peanut turned 2 years old, hurray for Peanut! Way to go Peanut! We love you sweetie! Happy Birthday to all your handsome men! :b-cake-b:

Oh they are so beautiful! I love that they are so excited and happy! Those treats look amazing - I'd love to make them for my boys, do you have the recipe..?! Happy birthday boys!

Oh they are so beautiful! I love that they are so excited and happy! Those treats look amazing - I'd love to make them for my boys, do you have the recipe..?! Happy birthday boys!

They were nothing special - Pillsbury banana bread mix from the box - I just replaced the oil with applesauce. You can replace the oil with applesauce or yogurt in just about any baking recipe I was told. This was the first time I tried it. They were good, just didn't rise much, but that could be because I didn't put much in.

I used to use apple sauce years ago when I was a teenager and had to make our treats. The idea of putting oil in a cake mix was icky. Apple sauce seemed much healthier and it was tasty too!

They were nothing special - Pillsbury banana bread mix from the box - I just replaced the oil with applesauce. You can replace the oil with applesauce or yogurt in just about any baking recipe I was told. This was the first time I tried it. They were good, just didn't rise much, but that could be because I didn't put much in.

I think these little birthday muffins turned out perfectly with the applesauce because as you said, they did not rise much, but that made them look very tailored for little ratties...they look like miniature birthday cakes or jumbo rat sized cookies. They are perfect! And yes, applesauce is so much better than oil too. Excellent job Dpsch!

They did enjoy them. Girl at work says she has even used cottage cheese in replace of oil and you cannot tell the difference. I goal this year is healthier eatting - the boys eat much better than us.

Back