Infection,

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caeser

So one my little girls have vaught an infection or possibly myco is flaring up, im really nervous about losing her. the vet's in my city only work on small animals tuesday and thurday, witch really grinds my gears that they wont save a ****ing animal and thats there job, but besides that she has about 3 days till i can get her to the vet, is there anything i can do in the meantime to keep her "with us"she is only around 2 months :( plus i have another rat should i separate them until i figure it all out

Don't separate them. What are the symptoms you are seeing? Keep her warm and well hydrated. You could even have some steam near her if she's congested. Benedryl can also help dry up her nasals...but don't give her anything a day before the vet visit. You want the vet to see and hear exactly all her symptoms.

Red nose, very lethargic, sounds like something is stuck in her lungs, doesent move around much

Also i havent seen him eat much but is drinking ALOT, came out of know where im hoping he will make it 3 more days :(

RIP Caesar, I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy a long, happy life. Play hard at the Bridge with all our babies that have gone before you.

Its okay guess, i tried everything but it must have been to much, she was only around 2 months

If you are unable to obtain good vet care for rats, please do not get any more.

Rats are prey animals and hide illnesses.
By the time you realise they are ill, they are very ill and need immediate vet care.
Your baby girl needed to see a vet immediately and get antibiotics.

Back