Getting two female rats wed spam me with good info

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys

Umm...have you done much research on rats?

What caging are you going to use, what are you planning on feeding? Do you already have a vet and a vet fund lined up?

See we don't know what you know already and what you need to learn...so give us a bit of a background on this THEN we can advise you. Nothing like doing up a whole post on something and then OP posts "yeah I know all that" :(

Its Harlan Teklad 2014 Rodent Diet and the big ferret cage and yes there is a vet near by that deals with rats I find that not all the info I have been researching is correct so I thought I would ask u guys

Which ferret cage? With girls you will have to watch the bar spacing because some ladies are small enough to fit through 1 inch bar spacing found on most ferret cages.

Well it seems like you have good food, two females, and what sounds like a fine cage. You seem all set for now!
Post pictures of the girls and their cage when you get them, and we'll help you out as you go. :)

843eec6ce59aeb369ee51c58f8352ebe.jpg

It may take a while for them to catch on. Every day pick up the poop and put it in the litter boxes. Put litter boxes where ever they seem to poop the most. Patience and persistence.

They are super cute!! I have been at the litter training thing for about 6 months now and my rats do use their litter boxes but they also use everywhere else as well haha so the litter boxes everywhere thing makes sense to me :) My boys use their wheel to sleep in as well and that is it..my younger girls won't go near theirs and my older girls are the only ones that actually use it haha. Hopefully your babies will use theirs for sleeping and exercise.

Back