How do you hang a TP roll in the cage?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velo

I always see people saying you can hang a toilet paper roll in the cage for the rats to play with.
I need something to entertain Rocky, since his favorites pastime (beating on the girls) isn't my favorite. ;|

So how do you hang the roll? Or should I just put a big pile of TP in there?
:?

This is how I hang mine - I take a strap that is suppose to hang up one of my pirate ships and I put that through the tube then I put hooks through the hooks on both sides of the strap until its at the length I want it and attach to the cage. Hope that makes sense.

Mk so basically some kind of fabric for the center with hooks on each end. I think I could use some fleece made into like a mini rope.
So you must have to hang it from the top right? Because if you hang it on a side of the cage the tp probably won't unroll?
Thank ewe ^~^

They are going to have so much fun!

And their so entertaining! We can just sit there laughing as we watch them -more so with the kleenex, but we haven't given tp yet to all of them. Tucker loves to stuff his cube hammock until it is hard and solid. He's in a CN, we put the box on the bottom & cube on top. He will take one tissue at a time up the ramp to the cube, repeat, repeat, repeat. I feel so bad on cage cleaning day...

EDIT: Dollar Store clerk must of thought I was crazy the other day when I bought 18 boxes of kleenex and 2 packs of tp.

Last edited:
My mom called today cursing my hubby (she has the new girls right now). The conversation went something like this. "Give them a box of kleenex he says" "They'll just play with it he says"

Me " yes, they will"

"I get up this morning and the whole cage is full of kleenex" "I can't even find them there is tissue everywhere"

Me "yes, that's what the do"

"I just got done taking it all out" - well that was basically it [emoji23]

Hahah that's so cute! Love it!
Thank you by the way, for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to properly hang the roll.
My munchkins have been lllooooovviiiinnngggg it and I've been constantly cleaning out TP too haha!

So glad your mom is having fun with those girls :D

I told her I was going to come put up a tp roll and she told me my sister told her that is what I did to her when she watched some of our boys.

I had an old choke chain for my dog...before I realized how incredibly inhumane choke chains are...and use it to tie up my TP rolls. Works awesome.

IMG_0531.jpg

Ha! He just keeps stuffing it with TP and then he must be like... "Oh, I forgot I have to fit in there too!"
It is so entertaining. Rats + toilet paper = endless entertainment. c;
I woke up this morning and checked on everyone, and Theia was dragging the last of the roll into the cube. Hehe. I'm like Jo though, been "borrowing" the cheap rolls from work. ;)

Awww Stewart! So cute!
Hahah I didn't even see the little ratty nose in the second picture for a while there!!

Today I shoved a bunch of strips of toilet paper half-way through the cage bars before I left for work.
I've been watching them on Livestream come up and drag them in to the cage, it's hilarious. ;3

Back